Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet suggestions - need more calories.

nineoneone

I am sorry for the long post, but I need help and suggestions too...

Meal one
1/2 cup oats
1 tbsp nat. pb
2 egg whites

Meal two
canned chicken
1 tbsp ff mayo
2 ww slices bread

Meal three
chicken breast or turkey burger (1% fat)
1 cup brocolli
3- egg whites

Meal four
chicken breast
3 egg whites here too

Meal five
3 egg whites
1 slice ff cheese

Meal six - post workout
1/4 cup oats - (no pb)
2 egg whites

I just started cardio in the morning 3 times a week

Here is the breakdown to the diet I posted
1450.8 Calories
90 Carbs
28.2 Fat
160.1 Protein

How does this sound? are these numbers going to work considering what my goals are?

Last edited:
You haven't stated what your goals are or your current stats but here are some ideas....

Add more fibrous veggies to several meals, add more grains like barley or starchy veggies at the earlier meals like yams and legumes, add protein powder to supplement your protein intake, possibly add more fat from flax or some other 'good' fat.

Last edited:
I am a female...

First I'd like to say that I am a WOMEN!!! Thanks anyways..my goals are to loose bf and obviously gain muscle w/out the aid of steroids...

You still need to post some more info. We got your goals down. Give us your height, weight, age, measurements, percentages, etc.
But I can tell you now that the calories you want to add should be more fat cals and more protein.
But post more info, you'll get more help.

~dE

26 years old
144 lbs
5'5" tall
been lifting regularily meaning daily and as heavy as i can for 4 months
do cardio 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes

Go to the women's board and read WarLobo's post When 30 + 30 does not... and you'll see why upping your cardio will make a lot of difference. If you're a beginner, you can build muscle and burn fat at the sme time, but alas, otherwise, it won't work.

I'd say you need more fats and high-fiber veggies. Lifting daily doesn't give you enough time to rest to grow,and if your muscles can't grow, all your chicken breast protein is turning into costly glucose, which isn't getting burnt off.

protein turning into glucose

Can I ask you something about the last thing you said?

Lots of people say to drink plain protein after morning cardio and later have a complete meal.
But, won't drinking plain protein after a morning cardio make it turn to glucose? I'm taking Pure whey, by Prolab. It has got 6g of carbs for 22g protein. Do you think that's enough to avoid that?

The problem is that there is glucose in your muscles. Weight training depletes these stores and that's why high carb intake is needed.

Unfortunately, I'm not really an expert when it comes to cardio, but I'll tell you that cardio can burn muscle. That's why people "trick" the body by eating high amounts of protein. Well, I guess that wasn't much of an explanation. :goof:

Top Bottom