Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Help Please!

RutagerM

Hello everyone,

I was hoping I could get some constructive criticism on my diet. I have done a lot of research and think I have a decent understanding of nutrition and diet but know I have a lot more to learn.

I am 27 years old, 5’8”, 170lb. Have been working out on and off for 10 years. I would estimate my BF% to be somewhere between 15-20%. My goals are to drop fat while increasing lean muscle. I am worried that I may have my carbohydrates messed up with respect to insulin spiking?

Below is my meal plan:

7:30=Shake w/ 1 scoop of whey, 1% milk, banana, frozen fruit, packet of yogurt (100g)
9:00=1 cup of low fat cottage cheese w/ mixed fruit (melon, cantaloupe, pineapple)
10:30=1 packet of plain instant oatmeal w/ packet of yogurt (100g)
11:45=1 scoop of whey w/water
12:00=workout
1:00=2 scoop of whey w/water
1:30=whole wheat pasta w/ lean ground beef
3:30=mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, horse radish)
6:00=30 min of cardio (punching bag or stationary bike HITT)
6:30=chicken wrap
9:30=1 cup of low fat cottage cheese w/ mixed fruit (melon, cantaloupe, pineapple)
10:30=1 scoop of casein w/water

I would appreciate any comments on this. I try to keep my diet cheap and simple in order to maximize the chances of me keeping it up.

Thanks in advance!! :)

You have about zero solid protein and wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much sugar...

Shakes should be limited to P/W and maybe 1 other time during the day....you need more MEAT; chicken, lean beef, trukey....

Brown rice, red or sweet potatoe, yams, vegetables, drink a lot of water...

~EZ

Thanks for the responces. What should i eliminate to lower the sugars. Ill add more solid protein as mentioned. Also i was always told that you should drink whey first thing in the morning since you have been starving all night. The casien shake to slow release thru the night and pre and post shakes to fuel and recover your workouts. Thoughts??

Too much fruit for a diet that's intended to build muscle and lose fat, IMHO.

A shake in the morning, and a shake post WO are fine. Drop the rest. Replace with a solid meat source, like chicken, turkey, beef, pork or white fish.
If you like fruit, use it only in your PWO shake, not in your breakfast shake or servings of cottage cheese.
Replace fruits for vegetables if you crave more plant matter.

Since I pretty much do this in all of my posts... I'm going to plug intermittent fasting. This is about the only dietary change that's allowed me to gain muscle and lose fat. Lots of others have had success with it as well, though it might be difficult to do if your workouts are early in the day.

why dont you diet down a bit first (evan though youve only got about 150lb lbm) get down to about 10% bf then bulk up to about 190lb then slim down to a lean 175 . what have you been doing for the last ten years and what does your training and weights your lifting look like now . it looks like youve just been spinning your wheels for 10 years so maybe you may have to take a good few steps back and turn what youve been doing on its head with a whole new approach . trying to lose fat while gaining lbm is virtually impossible (not impossible though) . think about this gian lbm slowly with minimal/no fat gain or lose fat slowly with no lbm/muscle loss

Top Bottom