Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

damn parents!

winkman

my parents are always ontop of mne about how protein shakes are a waste of money~ i find them an easy way to up my protein intake~ they also see creatine as the anti christ~ so i wont even bother telling them what else im on~ n e of u guys got this problem

i tell them it's a big tub of cocaine and that i'm a major drug lord... gets their minds of the whole "creatine being evil thing"

bro when i was a kid i had the same problem. What i did was educate myself, not only for my parents but for myself. Educated myself in everything i was taking, good and bad and everything else that had to do w/ that product. Now i showed them the benefits and told them hey if you can find one shred of proof that it's harming me, i will stop. But since i combat sides and educated myself, they had nothing to hit me with. So creatine, glutamine, whey, and all the other good stuff i was taking became good stuff and not bad stuff anymore. :fro:

You know what I had a similar problem when I was younger with my dad. He saw that I was into working out, eating right and taking supplements and never really said anything. Well I guess one day for some odd reason it got to the point where it bothered him. His breaking point was when he saw me reading workout and nutrition articles on the web. From there we had a yelling match. He started by saying that I needed to get a life and quit doing what I was doing. I then replied ,"what the hell do you want me to do? At least I'm not out drinking and taking drugs."
To make a long story short, he got over it and now he has jumped on the bandwagon. He's asking me for advice and workout ideas. So what the moral of the story, parents always change their minds after awhile.

Kill them in the dead of night as they sleep in their bed and you'll never have the problem again.

Or...you could just deal with it until you move out on your own. Parents are there to question every investment and decision you make at your age.It'll never change, whether its your clothes, hair , friends, whatever. At least they care enough to bug you about it. Whoever said to tell them that at least you're not doing drugs/alcohol probably was right. If you compare the activities that you COULD be involved in, but aren't because of your gym time, they'll probably back off a bit.Don't forget to mention that working out keeps you from having lots of un protected pre-marital sex. too. That should shut them up for good.

Yea guys~ i always use that line~" would u rather me spend my time and money on alcohol and drugs?"~ they usually shut there mouths at that point~ oh well, one year and im out~ then i wont have to deal with it~

Watch out....a report was just released discussing how many minors are using creatine and how it MAY have negative side effects. The idea is based that no long term studies have been done on developing bodies and creatine use. However, creatine does have beneficial medical uses. It is often used in individuals who are suffering from ALS, an awful disease in which basically you nerves wither and muscles rapidly atrophy.

enrage said:
You know what I had a similar problem when I was younger with my dad. He saw that I was into working out, eating right and taking supplements and never really said anything. Well I guess one day for some odd reason it got to the point where it bothered him. His breaking point was when he saw me reading workout and nutrition articles on the web. From there we had a yelling match. He started by saying that I needed to get a life and quit doing what I was doing.

Your dad wasnt upset with you but himself. Your constant improvement was a constant reminder that his body was not what he wanted it to be. Glad to hear that he finally came around and dealt with it.

winkman said:
Yea guys~ i always use that line~" would u rather me spend my time and money on alcohol and drugs?"~ they usually shut there mouths at that point~ oh well, one year and im out~ then i wont have to deal with it~

Bro, What with all the ~'s? :confused:

Is this your money you use to buy the stuff? If it is, WTF?.

If it's their money they have the right to ask questions.
On second thought, they can ask questions about any damn thing they want. That's their sole purpose in life as parents :D

Top Bottom