Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

critique my menu

eck

How does this look for a cutting diet? I'm a fairly active person (Different kinds of run 3x week, weight train a 2-day split push/pull routine twice within 8 days and kickboxing 3 days a week) and trying to lose the last 5 lbs of bodyfat.

M1: 4 egg whites, 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup of strawberries, carb free maple syrup
M2: Myoplex RTD
M3: 4 oz chicken breast, 1 yam, 1 huge broccoli head
M4: 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup mixed fruits (berries & peaches)
M5: 3.5 oz halibut cake, 1 tomato with 1 tsp of drizzled olive oil, 1 cup sliced cucumbers
M6: protein shake - 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup whole strawberries, splenda and vanilla extract.

May replace the cucumbers at dinner with a yam for energy(kickboxing later on that evening). The Myoplex RTD isn't a regular occurence (I generally have real food) but I took it as a small treat today.

1) I'd eat more green veggies. Define "huge".....I typically don't limit things like brocolli since they are short on calories and high on fiber and vitamins.
2) Size of Yam in ounces? This could make or break you. Watch actual measurements. I'd stick with about 4oz of yam if cutting.
3) I wouldn't have a cup of strawberries that late in the day. 1 CUP is a lot of strawberries (sugar!) Since you are just going to bed, I would just throw a couple in the shake and that is it.
4) I would have MORE VEGGIES and LESS FRUIT. You have mroe fruit than veggies right now....fruit is good, but it is also very sugary. Veggies tend to be more fibrous and less sugary. They'll fill you up longer, most likely.

That is all I can think of right now, gotta run to school. :)

Hope this helps, let me know if I can help any more.

Daisy_Girl said:
1) I'd eat more green veggies. Define "huge".....I typically don't limit things like brocolli since they are short on calories and high on fiber and vitamins.
2) Size of Yam in ounces? This could make or break you. Watch actual measurements. I'd stick with about 4oz of yam if cutting.
3) I wouldn't have a cup of strawberries that late in the day. 1 CUP is a lot of strawberries (sugar!) Since you are just going to bed, I would just throw a couple in the shake and that is it.
4) I would have MORE VEGGIES and LESS FRUIT. You have mroe fruit than veggies right now....fruit is good, but it is also very sugary. Veggies tend to be more fibrous and less sugary. They'll fill you up longer, most likely.

That is all I can think of right now, gotta run to school. :)

Hope this helps, let me know if I can help any more.

"huge" is about 2 cups worth. The yam is about the fize of my fist. Strawberries do have sugar but they are low on glycemic load so I don't really feel I should be concerned. I'll keep your suggestion in mind :)

Thanks

Top Bottom