Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio sucks

Bull69

I am through with my bulking cycle. I gained 33 lbs, body fat went from 11.4% to 13.2%. Now I have began cutting and cardio sucks. I am trying to take it off fast so I am doing 45 min of cardio twice a day. I can honestly say that I hate doing it worst than about anything. I hope I hurry and get used to it.

Bull69 said:
I am through with my bulking cycle. I gained 33 lbs, body fat went from 11.4% to 13.2%. Now I have began cutting and cardio sucks. I am trying to take it off fast so I am doing 45 min of cardio twice a day. I can honestly say that I hate doing it worst than about anything. I hope I hurry and get used to it.

actually cardio is beyond suck......I'd rather pull my bottom lip over the top of my head and try whistling it's a small world then have to do ONE damn minute of cardio.

runner said:
may tells us that you have no problems with your cardiovascular endurance... :D

I guess all cardiovascular activities do not suck, but if I was to spend an hour and a half each day doing that, I would probably be a little sore. However, a couple of four hour marathons a week is just fine.

hey buddy, make sure with all that cardio you're doing, and all those calories coming with it, make sure you're eating enough to make up for the loss, so you don't end up burning TOO many calories in one day and push yourself into starvation mode.

I really really do not see why you're doing two 45 minute sessions a day unless a: you really like to eat, or b: want to get better at cardio.

See the reason I'm saying this is because the body can usually only handle a few hundred calorie defacit per day before it stops burning fat efficiently and starts storing it cause it goes into starvation mode. I think 45 minutes of cardio is enough to burn about 400-500 calories..Anything more than that per day, you're going to end up being sorry unless you eat the calories throughout the day to make up for the loss...

Simple formula: Make sure you're only in a daily caloric defacit of around 500 calories. This means either eat 500 calories less than your BMR, or eat your BMR and burn 500 calories. Doesn't matter how you burn it either, you can lift and burn the 500 over the course of the day, or do cardio. :kaioken:

also recall that long slow running burns fat while you are running, and it is mind numbingly boring.
sprinting on the other hand burns no fat while you are running, but it is short and fun to go fast. it raises your metabolism (it and weights are the only two things that effect your resting metabolism - well, and drugs) - and it increases your pituitary glands release of gh - so you will get more fat burn and muscle building with that.

so sprint and enjoy. but don't do it everyday, do it at most 3 times a week and even then, do sprints on one day, intervals another day, and steady state the other.

you will get cut pretty quickly - I know from personal experince in school.

tubby74 said:

actually cardio is beyond suck......I'd rather pull my bottom lip over the top of my head and try whistling it's a small world then have to do ONE damn minute of cardio.

I agree...that's why it's great to be a powerlifter.

I HATE CARDIO!!!!!:redhot:

Bull, from what we have heard, May helped you with some cardio not too long ago. ;)

Heh-heh!

Eww. :eek:

Top Bottom