Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best iphone app for body fat?

ozcroboy

Sup guys. What apps u guys using to get accurate body fat calculations using a 3 or 4 site caliper test? Ones I've tried on the web have been very inaccurate

I dont think there is such a thing as accurat 3 or 4 point reading. The ones I get done are 21 point I believe.

Get a dexascan if you can. The reading is higher though...I was at 10% with calipers ans came back at 17% from a dexa. As far as I know it is because it also measures intra abdominal fat surrounding organs.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Your not going to get accurate with 3-4 skin folds. Body compositions varies greatly based on a persons hormonal status and 3-4 skin folds is not going to catch any nuances at all.

There are different formulas the applications and web sites use and they will vary slightly but at the end of the day their general inaccuracy isnt because of the math its because yout not giving it enough source data to accurately compute bodyfat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom