Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another strong mofo - Kevin Tolbert

Dr. Ken lying about Tolbert's progress? That's a pretty strong accusation to make against someone who's been in the game as long and is as respected as him.... especially without any sources to back it up.

I think that he went to the US Pro Qualifiers for Strongman in 1997 in Vegas...I believe.

First of all...he is a strong dude...no questions about it. Don't take away any of his accomplishments...very impressive no matter if he was drug free or a genetic freak or not.

CCJ: I agree that this isn't the best training for an athlete. It didn't help him a lot in that contest.

louden_swain: Where did you get that 1rm's cause injuries? I have hurt my back numerous times doing HIGH REPS...not singles. Myself, as well as many others, feel that lower reps are MUCH safer than higher reps. Maybe you should think about doing more for injury prevention and prehab so that you will not be injured more by the heavy weights.

Dr. Ken squatted 407 x 23 I believe...took about 2.5 minutes I think. Pretty cool video. They were all below parallel.

Debasser: I am a member at Cyberpump and quite often rumors tend to fly there like wild fire. I have expressed my opinions there many times that so many people are stuck in the dark ages and a lot of misinformation goes through that board...lots. Just because it was said there...doesn't mean that it was correct.

Still...he is a VERY strong person and a good athlete.

B True

I would agree to some extent about the rumors b fold, except this was in the original H.I.T. faq, that was merely posted on cyberpump.

I'm pretty sure Kevin Tolbert was natural...just an absolute genetic freak. I could be wrong, however. If you look at a picture of him he looks enormous, yet it almost suits him like a normal person. He doesn't look like he was just jacked up with drugs, in other words. I'm not sure this counts for much, but also as Dr. Ken's son he would probably share the same opposition to drug use.

louden_swain: Where did you get that 1rm's cause injuries? I have hurt my back numerous times doing HIGH REPS...not singles. Myself, as well as many others, feel that lower reps are MUCH safer than higher reps. Maybe you should think about doing more for injury prevention and prehab so that you will not be injured more by the heavy weights.

B True [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. Whenever Ive gotten a strain or pull from an exercise it was always from high reps. One situation where I attempted 315 with no warm-up weighing 160, did cause a real good pull in my pec though, and couldnt bench for over a month. But I think with good warm-ups one rep maxes are pretty safe. Atleast this has been my experience so far.

I hope my post didn't come across wrong. I just meant that I train my body to be used to heavy loads in different positions. Mostly with dead and GM variations...as well as reverse hypers, etc...

Seriously...did NOT mean to offend anyone.

B True

Top Bottom