Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another strong mofo - Kevin Tolbert

D

Debaser

Kevin Tolbert is the adopted son of Dr. Ken Leistner, another fantastic lifter and one who has written numberous articles in hardgainer and cyberpump. Using abbreviated low volume training Kevin has managed these achievements:

Was a 5'9" 220 pound running back at the U.S. Naval Academy.
Ran a 4.5 40.
Performed 20 to 23 reps with 375 lbs and 15 x 405 lbs in the bench press at a bodyweight of 230 lbs.
Benched 510lbs in a legal, competitive style.
Performed 30 x 600 lbs in the barbell squat at a bodyweight of 248 lbs.
Performed 30 reps of 450 lbs in the deadlift in the spring of 1985 at a Gold's Gym in Philadelphia - immediately after a performing a set of squats for 30 reps [weight unknown] taking only the time necessary to change the weight.

Tolbert's measurements were accurately measured as:

33" thighs
20 1/2" arms
52" chest
20" neck.

All those lifts are pretty impressive but all I've got to say is, 600 x 30 squats? Jesus christ...I believe he has also done single deadlifts for over 800 lbs, I read that somewhere else that I can't find off hand...

VERY impressive. What i don't understand why all lifts are given in such high reps. Why not just give 1RM's? :(

He probably didn't train very often with 1RMs. You usually don't with hardgainer style training.

WizKid25 said:
VERY impressive. What i don't understand why all lifts are given in such high reps. Why not just give 1RM's? :(

In college football and I believe the military, they do strenght testing in reps, although I have never heard of them testing with reps of that high of a weight. They usually do 225 and 275 depending on position for bench.

WizKid25 said:

Because they lead to injury. I never max out, but I have an idea what it may be.

strong and impressive, but he sure ain't training the right way for an athlete :)

Now Adam Archuletta trains the way an athlete should... ;)

I think weight lifting was his focus, not to be a football player.

I'm still amazed at 600 x 30 squats, that's BRUTALLY strong right there. Unheard of for a natural lifter.

Ask yourself how many natural lifters you know that can do 600 x 1? How bout 400 x 20? It would take probably over 5 years to reach 400 x 20 naturally, and that's genetically beyond the reach of many people anyway. To do 600 x 30 fucking reps is inhuman.

Top Bottom