Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another strong mofo - Kevin Tolbert

I have no doubt the guy was strong as shit, but I gotta call bullshit on those stats. First off...30 reps of 600? Give me a break. Maybe...maybe maybe if he was doing quarter squats that might be remotely possible. But 30 reps parallel at 600 is not human, not even juiced human on PCP.
And 30 reps of anything squats followed immediately by 30 reps of 450 deads. i don't know if anyone's done a 20 rep set of breathing squats, but to say it's physically exhausting is a bit of an understatement. Maybe if he did the bar or 135 for 30 reps. Even if he was doing quarter squats that's still way too taxing to be able to pull 450 for THIRTY REPS immediately afterwards. LOL jesus. I believe 450x30 is entirely possible but not immediately after that kind of squatting.

i have no doubt that some elite members could pull it off though.

Well, I WOULD agree, if this were coming out of say, musclemag. But this is hardgainer/cyberpump information, who are notorious for honest information.

Yeah I could pull the 450 x 30, but the 600 x 30 is bullshit. I saw Hugo Girard squat 700 for 8 with no belt and that was unreal, so I don't think it's possible.

Strengthfiend

the 600x30 was a full squat, no quarter squats, that's the only squat Dr. Ken has his trainees do... as far as it actually having happened or not, I have no reason to believe that it didn't based solely on Dr. Ken's reputation for his honesty and straightforwardness. And if you've seen pictures of Kevin Tolbert it doesn't look like he can't squat.

here's an article he wrote that mentions it...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cyberpump2.htm

anyone else getting a p&b flashback over this topic? No, ah well.

no fucking way was Tolbert a natty. 600x30 is unlikely but who knows maybe you're right he was a beast & his other lifts are awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom