Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 week post surgery - tips and advice needed

A good rule of thumb regarding diet and supplement use is :

"Always eat for what you are ABOUT to do, not for what you just did."

So if you are out of the gym and having a more leisure / inactive day than you are normally accustom to, then eat accordingly which would be fewer daily calories overall, and in your case, I would reduce the calories directly by reducing carbs in the diet.

And don't feel guilty about your time away from the gym. Use this as an overall mental and personal vacation. Do things you have been wanting to do or setting to the side. Visit friends you haven't seen. Spend more time with family. See more movies, etc..

Hey....just wanted to say I had breast surgery back in May and I really wasn't out as long as I thought and I too got VERY frustrated with loosing time at the gym. I kept my diet in check during my time off and actually lost weight...didn't have much of an appetitie with the pain I was in anyways. Start going for walks....much required after having surgery to get things functioning properly anyways. And once your doc allows you to go back to light duty you can do things like the elipticals and lower body workouts, but take it easy. My doctor knew how much I was into fitness and allowed me to do LIGHT upper body workouts after 3 weeks. I stayed away from running for a long time and chest workouts as well. Basically listen to your body. But talking light walks and doing a little bit actually is good for you. Any other questions about the healing process I'd gladly offer my experience :) Oh and I wouldn't mess with taking anything because it might interfer with healing.

Oh geez - this just reminded me of my step-mom after she had her breast augmentation done. So she's in surgery one day and the next day I walk in the door to find her WASHING DOWN THE BATHROOM WALLS - I'm like WHAT are you DOING? YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!! lol

She looked at me dumbfounded and called the doc.....she was like....OOPS! lol

Don't do anything that causes you "pain". Just listen to your body and it'll all be good! :) I hope you love them!

Hi, I had my augmentation done 5 years ago and felt exactly like you did. I talked to my Dr and he let me bike or do nonimpact exercise as long as I kept my heart rate around 130 and didn't feel any extra pain. No lifting though for 5 weeks...and then it took me a while to get used to the muscle contracting over the implant. :)

Top Bottom