Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IslandGirl's Dynamite Comes in Small Packages

Last nights workout:

Thurs. 11/19

Am cardio 45 mins. and Pm cardio 30 mins.

2nd day of Max OT. I really like it so far. I like that I'm only striving for 4-6 reps on most exercises, which at first is kind of weird because I'm so used to 8-12 reps. But I'm getting used to it real quick. Also kind of agree about the part where when you get onto your 2nd exercise why are you doing "warm-up" sets when you are already warmed up. Just get into your heavy set.

Back/Biceps

Back-

Pulldowns to front: (3 set/ 4-6 reps)
140/6 (could do more)
150/5 (I could barely get weight/bar down to start. haha)
150/5

Seated Cable Rows w/ D attachments: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
130/6
150/4

Rack Deads: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
225/6
315/3 (too big of jump)

*(suppose to do Hyper-extensions, but usually after that I can barely walk so I decided to do them at the end of biceps)

Biceps-

Curl Bar: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
60/6
70/4

DB Curls: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
25/6 (could do more)
30/6 (felt good)

High Cable Curls/2 arms: (1 set/ 6 reps)
40/8

*Hyper-extensions/weighted: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
BW+25#/ 10
BW+35#/ 6

Last nights workout:

Thurs. 11/19

Am cardio 45 mins. and Pm cardio 30 mins.

2nd day of Max OT. I really like it so far. I like that I'm only striving for 4-6 reps on most exercises, which at first is kind of weird because I'm so used to 8-12 reps. But I'm getting used to it real quick. Also kind of agree about the part where when you get onto your 2nd exercise why are you doing "warm-up" sets when you are already warmed up. Just get into your heavy set.

Back/Biceps

Back-

Pulldowns to front: (3 set/ 4-6 reps)
140/6 (could do more)
150/5 (I could barely get weight/bar down to start. haha)
150/5

Seated Cable Rows w/ D attachments: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
130/6
150/4

Rack Deads: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
225/6
315/3 (too big of jump)

*(suppose to do Hyper-extensions, but usually after that I can barely walk so I decided to do them at the end of biceps)

Biceps-

Curl Bar: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
60/6
70/4

DB Curls: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
25/6 (could do more)
30/6 (felt good)

High Cable Curls/2 arms: (1 set/ 6 reps)
40/8

*Hyper-extensions/weighted: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
BW+25#/ 10
BW+35#/ 6

Awesome workout! I love reading it too because I know exactly what you're doing! :) Great numbers. I'm the same with the hypers...I feel it for a few days after.

Oh wow! That is almost exactly the same! hahaha. Too funny! Love it.

So how far back do you have log books for? I have books going wayyyyyy back! Like over 15 years. lmao. I like looking at them on ocassion and seeing how far I have progressed in both numbers and physique. Cool.

I'm not especially great at keeping log books consitently, but I do keep old workouts on file. I date them and save them on the computer. If I see a picture of me from two or three years ago that looks good I might pull up that workout and give it another go. I usually do a workout for 6-8 weeks and then switch it up.

Rebecca D

I'm not especially great at keeping log books consitently, but I do keep old workouts on file. I date them and save them on the computer. If I see a picture of me from two or three years ago that looks good I might pull up that workout and give it another go. I usually do a workout for 6-8 weeks and then switch it up.

Rebecca D

I think 6-8 weeks is a great time frame to stay on a workout plan. And then taking a week off is essential as well. Our bodies really need that break from hitting it so hard and so consistently.

Friday, 11/20

Am cardio 45 mins. Last session for the week.

Great leg day. Before I got in the gym, I was studying my plan for my first Max OT leg training. I realize that I am only doing ONE exercise for hamstrings. Hmmm...interesting. We shall see how this goes I said to myself.

Ooooo, I swear, if your intensity levels are HIGH and you are in the zone. This workout will challenge you! Had an excellent training session!

Legs-

Quads-

Smith Squats: (3 sets/ 4-6 reps)
(don't know counter weight so these are just weights added onto bar)
210/6
210/6
215/5

Leg Press: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
360/6
450/5

Hammies-

DB SLDL: (2 sets/ 6 reps)
60/6 (light)
70/6 (light)

Calves-

Standing Hoist Calf Machine: (2 sets/ 6-8 reps)
220/8
240/8 (light)

Hoist Rotary Calf: (2 sets/ 6-8 reps)
240/8
308/8

Wow you're working in quite a low rep range now, IG. Is this part of periodization plan to prime you for responding better to higher reps, ala HST?

Wow you're working in quite a low rep range now, IG. Is this part of periodization plan to prime you for responding better to higher reps, ala HST?

Hey! I am actually following the training program called Max OT. His theory is 4 to 6 reps is the "ideal" rep scheme for building muscle. It allows maximum muscle fiber overload and maximum muscle fiber recruitment. There is more info here. AST Sports Science - High-Performance Sports Nutrition Supplements

It is a little different, but I'm adapting pretty well. We shall see how this goes.

Mon. 11/22

My husband and I started The Love Dare journey bible study, based off of the movie: Fireproof. Today was Day 2. Day 1 was Patience. Day 2 is Kindness.

Pm cardio 30 mins (1st)

MaxOT-2nd week:

Shoulders/ Traps and Triceps--

Shoulders-

Smith Presses: (just weights) (3 set/ 4-6 reps)
80/6
85/6
90/4 (Last time 85/4)

Seated DB Press: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
40/6
45/6 (Last time: 45/5)

DB Side Laterals: (2 sets/ 6-8 reps)
25/10
27.5/7 (Last time:25/8)

BB Shrugs: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
235/6
255/6 (Last time: 225/6)

EZ Upright Rows: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
70/8
75/6 (Last time: 65/6)

Triceps-

EZ Pushdowns: (2 sets/ 6 reps)
95/6
105/6 (Last time: 100/4)

Rope Overhead Extensions: (2 sets/ 4-6 reps)
75/6 (cables were stuck. changed for next set)
80/6 (Last time: 70/6)

DB Kickbacks: (1 set/ 6 reps)
27.5/6 (Last time: same. Tried to hold db up longer at the top)

Top Bottom