Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When to start taking supps?

nummer31

hello guys, i'm new in bodybuilding
it has been 4 months now
have been eating lean food and working out
but there's very little muscle gain i notice
should i start taking supps now (age 21)?
like pre and post workout supps
also new in supps consumption
so some experienced suggestion will be appreciated

Height: 5.8
Weight: 60 Kg
Arms: 11.5"

4-5 meals containing
3 meals = 2 x grilled chicken, mixed veggies, kidney beans
other 2 might be Oatmeal or some peanut butter, corn flakes, etc.

Workout 4 days:
Sun: Shoulder and back(light)
Mon: Arms (Bicep+Tricep)
Tue: Off
Wed: Arms (Bicep+Tricep)
Thu: Abs and Legs
Fri: Off
Sat: Chest and Tri(light)

Basically, i prioritize my arms and want to build it up to a certain point
after that i'll start concentrating on other body parts individually as well

nummer31, you've come to the right forum if you'd like to get big guns. Unfortunately, everything you're doing won't get you there. You need to eat big to get big. You need to lift big to get big.

Lots of food with lots of compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, bench presses, standing overhead presses, Rows, pullups, etc. that should be your priority.

I'd suggest going to the training forum and looking at the stickies. Do a program called "rippetoe's 3x5". Also, learn how to do the compounds correctly!

Supplements? Multivitamin. Fish oil. Protein powder.

nummer31, you've come to the right forum if you'd like to get big guns. Unfortunately, everything you're doing won't get you there. You need to eat big to get big. You need to lift big to get big.

Lots of food with lots of compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, bench presses, standing overhead presses, Rows, pullups, etc. that should be your priority.

I'd suggest going to the training forum and looking at the stickies. Do a program called "rippetoe's 3x5". Also, learn how to do the compounds correctly!

Supplements? Multivitamin. Fish oil. Protein powder.
So let me summarise ur suggestions:
1. Lift more weight
2. Do compound exercises (i superset my bi and tri days. will that do?)
3. Only supplement: Protein powder

won't i require pre-workout supps to lift more?
and is my meal plan ok?

i cannot seem to find 'rippetoe's 3x5'
could u plz link me to it

Last edited:
you wanna get bigger then wtf are you doing light days for?? lol rippetoes is a great starting workout. sounds stupid but you gotta work your whole body to get big arms dude. building your legs is one of the best things you can do for your upper body. so say you rock that rippetoe program to the T, your diet is Oso said. eat big. eat protein, lean protein. actual protein is better than protein shakes. you gotta eat till you are sick of eating every day. just eat damn clean or you will get fat. approx 40% protein, %40 carbs, %20 healthy fats

you wanna get bigger then wtf are you doing light days for?? lol rippetoes is a great starting workout. sounds stupid but you gotta work your whole body to get big arms dude. building your legs is one of the best things you can do for your upper body. so say you rock that rippetoe program to the T, your diet is Oso said. eat big. eat protein, lean protein. actual protein is better than protein shakes. you gotta eat till you are sick of eating every day. just eat damn clean or you will get fat. approx 40% protein, %40 carbs, %20 healthy fats
what's the relation between big arms and other body parts?
how come legs is part of the upper body?

what's the relation between big arms and other body parts?
how come legs is part of the upper body?

Legs sessions release HGH, test and regulate insulin levels.. If you don't do legs then I think you're mad.. Plus you will look wrong..

Big chest and big back compounds work you're biceps and triceps.. Personally I think arm days are vanity days.. Which is fine but you can't walk round like popeye and think you look the business

Follow what the other guys said..

And EAT till you feel sick and when that sickness goes away.. Do it all over again :)

I was 63kg at 5' 8.. I'm now 86kg at 5' 10.. Granted that's also come from growing but not 23kg/~50lbs

best way to put it is to be a big strong tree you need big strong roots and trunk. compound movements like deads and squats are the best building exercises u can do cuz they do alot more than just legs. they release gh and natural test and endorphins to make u feel happy. they are one of the biggest muscle groups in your body. growing them will burn more fat and help you get in overall better shape. deads are also the best thing u could do for your back and your overall body in a single workout.

Top Bottom