Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When to start taking supps?

if u r suprised by this u also need to do some serious research about training before you start looking into supps. training is the most important part of getting bigger followed by diet. without proper training and diet all the supps, pro hormones, or steroids in the world wont get you big

if u r suprised by this u also need to do some serious research about training before you start looking into supps. training is the most important part of getting bigger followed by diet. without proper training and diet all the supps, pro hormones, or steroids in the world wont get you big

Heh, I disagree theoretically. Put someone on a protein only diet and their body comp will change. Give someone a bomb course of anadrol+sust and they'll gain muscle even at complete rest. I personally believe diet dictates training, and results. But you're absolutely correct in practice. Especially about the supplements thing.

People fail to realize that a supplement, SUPPLEMENTS you. It provides something you SHOULD be getting from your environment (diet) in order to maximize results. I don't recommend anyone take a supplement until they KNOW what they're lacking, what they require, and WHY they aren't (or aren't capable) of getting it.

Otherwise, it's like pissing in the wind and hoping for the best. "My bro said whey will get me srs mass" without logically understanding WHY (you can't get enough protein with your mom's family cooking, for example) it will benefit you... Simply won't benefit you at all, and will be a waste of money and effort.

OP, I have hard to train biceps. My arms just don't grow. I've put 2 inches on my calves and 3 on my quads... And my bicep diameter (incl. tricep) didn't budge at all. What DID work for me was grouping my arm workouts together. Saturday AND Sunday I'd blast my arms, shoulders and upper back. Then the rest of the week was free to focus on deadlifts, chest and squats. This allowed for 6 days rest for these muscles, which is very important. Grilling your arms every 3 days is a recipe for stagnation, at least with my genetics - perhaps you are similar.

You absolutely MUST do the compound exercises as Cobra stated or you will NEVER get the physiological benefit... Never lift light. If you're going to lift light, do a different body part or just rest for an extra day. Light lifting, unless you're lactic acid training or something else, very specific, is a waste of time.

And yes, of course, you've got to eat big, and properly, or just give up.

I hope you are still around.

the only supplement that you need is FOOD.

also your workout splits are awful no wonder you haven't made any gains. I suggest you start reading up on different splits and find one that fits you.. maybe buy a book or bodybuilder magazine and follow the splits they suggest... i have a log on here where I listed my splits and got very specific about what a typical workout was.

or your last option would be to befriend someone at the gym who you want to look like and follow them for a day or join them in their workouts. you've got a lot to learn but so does everyone else.. this sport is a constant learning experience, once you understand how YOUR OWN body works then your gains will start coming.

I hope you are still around.

the only supplement that you need is FOOD.

also your workout splits are awful no wonder you haven't made any gains. I suggest you start reading up on different splits and find one that fits you.. maybe buy a book or bodybuilder magazine and follow the splits they suggest... i have a log on here where I listed my splits and got very specific about what a typical workout was.

or your last option would be to befriend someone at the gym who you want to look like and follow them for a day or join them in their workouts. you've got a lot to learn but so does everyone else.. this sport is a constant learning experience, once you understand how YOUR OWN body works then your gains will start coming.
could u please link me to it?
i'd like to learn more
to everybody: can i edit my routine to include compounds? and like kagenical said can i do two consecutive days arms and then focus the rest of the days on other muscle/muscle groups?

i got a new one:
MON - Chest/shoulders
warmup with 2 sets of pushups
flat BB bench press - 3x5-8
incline DB bench press - 3x8-12
weighted dips - 2x5-8
(incline) DB flys - 2x8-12
military press - 3x5-8
lateral raises - 3x8-12

TUE - Back
deadlifts - warm up with 2-4 sets, then 3x5
bent-over BB rows - 4x5-8
weighted pullups - 4x8-12
reverse flys - 3x8-12

WED - Cardio & abs

THU - Legs
(front) squats - warmup with 2-4 sets, then 3x5-20
walking lunges - 3x8-12
leg extensions - 3x8-12
unilateral leg curls - 3x5-8
SLDL - 3x8-12
standing calf raises - 4x8-12
seated calf raises - 2x12-25

FRI - Arms
weighted dips - 3x8-12
close-grip bench press - 3x5-8
cable pushdowns (or french press or overhead tricep extensions) - 2x8-12
DB curls - 3x8-12
incline hammer curls - 3x8-12
concentration curls - 2x8-12

WEEKEND - Cardio & abs
please comment on it

I still vote for Rippetoe's 3x5.

Why I don't like that routine:

-Day dedicated to arms
-More pressing than pulling.
-Too much volume.

I agree with rippetoes. It's s great starter. And as ur body gets accustomed to the workout u can add isolations to it. When I came back from my injury I did rippetoes for 2 deloads. I also did 3x5 for bb curls cuz I am vain. And then added some other isolations too. Db and incline presses on bench day. I do calves when squatting since I already have a few hundred pounds on my back. Etc but rippetoes is a great starter.

I add that stuff to the end and bb curls on my b workout plus other isos. But the 3 compounds are most important and come first

can smn please add a summary to Rippetoe's routine?
i'm getting dizzy with all the info
all i understood that i have to do this:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Power cleans

You train on 3 nonconsecutive days per week.

is it correct?

Top Bottom