Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lean cuts of Beef

Ripped2Shredds

I am clean bulking...or at least trying my hardest too.

Question...what are the leanest cuts of beef. I am currently eating 1 pound of beef a night along with one pound of 99% lean grilled turkey breasts. I am looking to eat the leanest cuts of beef. Muslce and fitness always shows "flank steaks" but I have heard round eye steak is the leaneast. Anyone have any clue...I'll be loookign it up on the web tonight.

Ripped2Shredds said:
I am clean bulking...or at least trying my hardest too.

Question...what are the leanest cuts of beef. I am currently eating 1 pound of beef a night along with one pound of 99% lean grilled turkey breasts. I am looking to eat the leanest cuts of beef. Muslce and fitness always shows "flank steaks" but I have heard round eye steak is the leaneast. Anyone have any clue...I'll be loookign it up on the web tonight.

As a former butcher..i can tell you both flank steaks and eye of round are both very lean...however the eye of round is tough, very tough, and if you buy some, ask the meat guy to run it through the tenderizor a few times and cook it like a hamburger...flank steaks are a wee bit more tender.

Venison.......yeah its not beef, but deer meat is alot leaner than beef, and if you can find a buddy that hunts, or if you hunt, spending 50 bucks at the butcher can leave you with around 100lbs of meat (more or less depending on the size of the deer). Its lean, and with the right seasonings it tastes as good or better than beef.

thanks guys...as with deer...the redness of the meat tends to bother my stomach, almost like it is too red for my system...I have a friend who is a waiter...he waits for deer, but they never show up so I cannot technically call him a hunter...lol

Thanks butcher...I will remember to have them tendorize it...soon my dad and I will split a whole cow, we get th meat chepaer that way...i take the good stuff and he likes all the nasty parts...

Top Bottom