Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing a keto diet for over a week and no signs of keto. HELP!!!!

MASSIVEmorris said:
You could simply not be showing ketones because there are no excess ketones to excrete (i.e. you're using them all for energy).

You don't use ketones for energy. Ketones are a byproduct of metabolic processes. No ketones = No ketosis

"You don't use ketones for energy. Ketones are a byproduct of metabolic processes. No ketones = No ketosis"

This is plainly not true. The sole function of ketone bodies during carb restricted diets is to supply alternative energy for heart and skeletal muscle. There are several reasons why you may not be showing ketones according to ketostix. Large water intake, calories too low or activity level too high (so there are no excess ketones to excrete), too much protein/gluconeogenesis, defects in release of fatty acids from adipose tissue, insulin resistance causing your blood sugar to stay high, and many other things. But the bottom line is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You're losing weight and not muscle, so don't worry about the stix.

ive done this diet on and off for about a year and a half,i ve never used ketostix....its just another thing to worry about in a diet thast already has many rules.
If this is your first time and you already are losing weight youre doing great, personlly I began this diet with several failures, after a year you learn all the ins and outs-and that feeling of being cut...just wait a few weeks youll see.
f ketostix

Top Bottom