Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking up during the (Australian) football season?

|D_J^B_J|

I know it is possible, just means I need to eat more to cover the calories burned from running, training and getting fit.

Here is what I do at the moment:
After weight training (3 x week) - 1 scoop* of whey, 1 scoop of maltodextrin, 1 scoop of dextrose.
After cardio/skills training (3 x week)** - 1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop of maltodextrin.

Both of these are followed by a large solid meal of protein and carbs about 45 mins after finishing the shake. Not including the shake, I also eat 6 meals throughout the day - five consisting of protein and complex carbs, and one before bed of protein and fat.

*1 scoop = 35 grams*

**Cardio varies between sprinting, running, cycling swimming and sometimes boxing for about 30 mins, and training for 1.5 hrs.**

Now my question: What should I do during a game? If you don't already know, there are four quarters each running for about 30 minutes with 5 minute breaks at qtr time and 3 qtr time, and a 15 minute break at half time. This means that the game goes for about 2.5 hours.

I don't want to eat such a large meal too soon before the game, and I don't think downing protein during the game would be good for my running/sprinting... Any ideas of what I could do?

I was thinking of eating a large solid meal (protein and carbs) about 45 minutes before the game, gatorade at half time and a shake of 1 scoop of whey and 1 scoop of maltodextrin immediately afterwards, followed by another solid meal (protein and carbs) 45 mins later... Would this be enough to cover the calories burnt and provide me with enough fuel during the game?
(Oh, and I also take two caffiene tablets before a game if that makes any difference :D)

the little plan you wrote out seems fine to me...assuming the meal beforehand will supply a good amount of complex carbs for energy. probably be good to carb up a bit earlier in the day as well.

the carb drink at half time or whenever you can sip some would be good to refill depleted stores.
can sip a diluted whey shake as well to keep the flow of protein...but it's not absolutely necessary...you'd have protein a while before...2.5 hours and the protein right away..so you're going for like 3.5 hours without any...that's not too bad...

shake with maltodextrin right after sounds good..then the meal like 45minutes later.

if you think you're not getting enough cals then just have a bigger pwo meal and you should be fine. up the food afterwards to make up for it if you're lacking..

good luck

Top Bottom