Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why are gay guys so obsessed with going to the gym?

Jae

I read an article where a greater percentage of gay guys over straight guys go to the gym.

Why is this? Any humerous or scientific analysis on this?

All in good taste of course.

Well this is just off the cuff. But wouldn't gay dudes want good looking fit dudes like we would want goodlooking fit chicks?

I think there should be gay gyms and straight gyms. But that is just me. I don't want to have to worry about some dude hitting on me or starring at me why I am trying to lift.

Just part off the overall gay lifestyle, gay men tend to be more in tune with looking good as apposed to the traditional man. This off course has begun to change with the rise of the pretty boy culture. But in accordance to the stereotypes that gay men have received over the years; they seem to be more health couscous and into having a good physic. Also a good body is needed to wear clothes well. Often working in gyms for three years I have noticed that gay men are not interested in bulking up as much as they enjoy that lean ripped look. Again like I said this stereotype is falling fast as many strait men have of course become engrossed in the gym. What does this all mean we may never know.

In my purely speculative opinion, I would imagine that it's because males are more visually oriented so it's more of a necessity if they want to find a desirable partner. Then other gay guys have to do the same if they want to compete, and eventually it also, in addition, becomes engrained in the culture.

Gay guys, am I way off here?

because men are stimilated visually so they try to look good to attract a fellow "life partner" or whatever.

the term life partner is very gay. and so is cornholio.

The Nature Boy said:
because men are stimilated visually so they try to look good to attract a fellow "life partner" or whatever.

the term life partner is very gay. and so is cornholio.

so are tribal armbands.

As pointed out, both men and women would desire atheletic fit males, so why are less straight males motivated to go to the gym? In the survey, there were more straight males counted than gay males, but the gay males still out numbered them.

Top Bottom