Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jcm's road to the 2013 npc Southern Classic!

Im subbed Blake. Sorry it took so long, but to be honest i havent been on EF much since my show. Been relaxing and spending time with my fiancé. Havent wanted to really even think about bodybuilding for a few days. But im back now and on my way to 220

I am glad u are here bud! I understand taking time off. Now that u are rested its time to get swole though! U better get after it this off season and kill it next year!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

I am glad u are here bud! I understand taking time off. Now that u are rested its time to get swole though! U better get after it this off season and kill it next year!

You know im gonna kill it this off season. But im not competing next year. Me and my fiancé are gonna get married and buy a house next year, so ive got alot going on in 2013. Those are my top priorities. Competing is gonna have to wait til 2014 at least. I also need to bring up my legs and put more thickness in my back before i get on stage again anyway. And id like to be a light heavy instead of middleweight. So theres a few things i need to do to be satisfied first.

Also, a friend of mine that competed this year with me, wants me to do his diet for him next year. So id rather be able to focus as much attention on his show as i can because i see alot of potential in him. He has a great work ethic and drive, just cant get his contest prep down yet and his posing needs work. But those are 2 areas that i can really help him improve. The kids 21 and came in this year @ 192.4. He wasnt as lean as he needed to be, but within 10-12 lbs. so id like to see what i cando with him. Did you get my PM?

So I just realized that I forgot to log my back workout yesterday. It completely slipped my mind and then I passed out. So here we go!

Exercise1 bb rows
135x40
185x40
235x30

Exercise2 incline db rows
80sx20
80sx20
80sx20

Exercise3 lat pulldown
100x40
120x30
140x30

Exercise4 hammer strength seated row
2(45s)each sidex50
2(45s)each sidex40
2(45s)each sidex40

Exercise5 cable pullovers
30x50
35x30

So again I kept with the really high rep theme. Lol. The pump I had was sick! I felt a great stretch in my lats afterwards and that was what I was going for. The workout was a lot of fun but I am ready for some heavy weight!

My shoulder is feeling a bit better everyday and the same with my hamstring. I went and got an hour long deep tissue massage early this morning and I feel better and much more loose! After this weekend rest I should be ready to go!

So arm day went really well today! Sick pump was the result. Lol. I still went with the high reps. Shoulder is better and I hope it is at least 80% by Monday. Ham is still fragile as well. Hopefully two days of rest will do the trick. So anyways...back to the workout

Exercise1 over head cable triceps extensions
50x50
65x40
80x30

Exercise2 cable curls
35x50
50x30
50x25

Exercise3 decline skull crushers
50x50
60x50
70x45

Exercise4 bb curls
40x40
50x25
60x25

Exercise5 db triceps extension
80x50
80x50
80x40

Exercise6 db hammer curl
25sx50
35sx30
35sx30

So as u see...high reps again. I am getting burnt out on the high rep theme. Lol. I am ready to lift HEAVY again! I just have to let these injuries heal completely. Oh yeah...I am up to a bit over 217lbs btw. That's up 26lbs in 3 weeks! On the road to getting big! October will bring on an entirely different animal!

You aiming for a particular weight before you start to cut again? 240? 250?

Yeah man. Shooting for 235-240. I want to keep it pretty lean though. Well as lean as possible. I wanna keep my bf under 15%. If I could get to 250 and stay under 15% that would be great too. Ha ha.

Ham feels much better. Still just a tiny bit tight but hopefully tomorrow it will be good to go! Probably still won't go super heavy but I will def step it up from this past week!

The shoulder is taking a bit longer. It is still hurting more than expected. I will def test it out today with chest! I will probably stay away from inclines again this week (which sucks because I love incline).
The worst part about these injuries is that I feel so strong. Its been tough keeping my foot off the gas. I want to just say fuck it and go heavy but I can't afford a serious injury. Self control can be a bitch sometimes but u need to always listen to your body! It knows best. Hopefully the chest workout goes well this afternoon!

Top Bottom