Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jcm's road to the 2013 npc Southern Classic!

So I had another great workout!! I killed legs tonight! Went nice and heavy. I was happy with my performance considering this was my first legit leg workout in a month! (Prep for the show threw leg training off track) So here we go.

Exercise1 squats
315x10
365x8
405x10/drop to 225x12

Exercise2 leg extension
150x12
180x12
210x12
240x12

Exercise3 bb stiff leg deadlift
135x20
225x15
315x15

Exercise4 hammer strength standing iso leg curl
2(25) each sidex20
3(25) each sidex15
4(25) each sidex12

Exercise5 bb walking lunges
135x10 (each leg)
135x10 (each leg)
135x10 (each leg)

Of course I had warm up sets with my squats etc but I didn't feel the need to post those. I felt pretty strong today and I know it will only get better! I can't wait for the weeks to cone to see how I continue to progress! October can't cone fast enough. Lol!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

Had to pump up the carbs and total calories today...my body seems to have already adapted to my new off season diet and I am staying hungry! I guess I have to feed the beast! Looks like I will be upping the fat to 100-120g a day and bump up the carbs closer to 600g...def about 550g for sure. Looks like my calorie intake in getting ever so close to 5000 a day!

Had to pump up the carbs and total calories today...my body seems to have already adapted to my new off season diet and I am staying hungry! I guess I have to feed the beast! Looks like I will be upping the fat to 100-120g a day and bump up the carbs closer to 600g...def about 550g for sure. Looks like my calorie intake in getting ever so close to 5000 a day!

This post just made me hungry

So back day today was very bitter sweet. I felt awesome and extremely strong however I suffered a minor injury. It shouldn't be too bad in terms of recovery...maybe a week...week and a half tops. I will explain later! So here we go!

Exercise1 t bar rows
7(45s)x20
8(45s)x15
9(45s)x20

Exercise2 bb rows
225x12
315x10
365x10

Exercise3 bb deadlifts
315x10
405x8
505xinjury...lol

Exercise4 lat pulldown
140x12
180x12
220x10
260x8

Exercise5 seated db shrugs
50sx15
50sx15
50sx15
50sx15

As u see I went pretty heavy on everything (minus the shrugs...I like to keep these really light and focus on a good deed stretch and maximum contraction with a good 2 sec squeeze). My injury occurred on my last set of deadlifts. I was feeling great so I loaded 505 on the bar and picked it up off the rack and it felt very light. I knew in my head I was at least getting 6-8 reps. I was amazed at how good it felt! Half way down to the floor I felt a pop in my left hamstring. I didn't freak out because I have had it happen before. It isn't a tear but more of a minor strain. I was pretty tight from legs yesterday and I paid the price today. It should be good to go by next week but it temporarily screwed up my workout. I was more pissed than anything because I was feeling soooo strong. Some times shit happens though. 505 is gonna get killed next week. Lol. So its ice and anti inflammatory meds. Still have shoulders and arms to kill this week!

c'mon man were was the 455 or 500 on squats?! lol i thought we talked about this. You are a brave soul pulling after squatting the day before. Especially doing hams with legs and then doing back. Hell your fine though. We need to pull together one day lets pull SIX when i get back Ima go for it tomorrow if my backs not sore but still a lil sore been laying F'n tile this week.

c'mon man were was the 455 or 500 on squats?! lol i thought we talked about this. You are a brave soul pulling after squatting the day before. Especially doing hams with legs and then doing back. Hell your fine though. We need to pull together one day lets pull SIX when i get back Ima go for it tomorrow if my backs not sore but still a lil sore been laying F'n tile this week.

Ha ha. I am working up to it!! Having to start a bit lower!! My squats will come back in no time! Its coming! I got 600 no problem on dl! Lol. I was feeling soooo good today and u have no idea how mad I was! That 505 felt like 405! I was about to kill it. Lol. Like I said though...I have had it happen before. It should be okay in a week. I am getting it next week!

J : how did u gain 20lbs in just a week ? Will be checking log bro good luck

Just getting all those nutrients back in my muscles. Getting back hydrated and loading my muscles with those good ole carbs. U would be suprised how much u can gain/lose with water/carb manipulation.

Top Bottom