Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin sensitivity and GH

Big BX

I was tslking to my training partner about GH today. We are both using it. He was telling me that if I shoot it ED, like I have been doing, I will become sensitive to insulin, and have to start using insulin. I am 23 and he is 48. He knows his stuff on juice. Is this true?

Using test, var, Eq, and GH. No insulin.

Insulin resistance is a common side effect of GH use. You won't necessarily need to supplement with insulin; it just makes your endogenous insulin less effective. Do a search on Pubmed and you will find hundreds of abstracts on this topic:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?

Just type in: growth hormone insulin resistance

Troglitazone, an antidiabetic drug, is the only thing I know of that will potentially counteract this effect, other than injecting insulin.

www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

If your GH dose is low enough the body usually can accomidate the resistance by simply producing more insulin.

Of all the sides, blood sugars were the least common in this study which had people running upto 18iu per day. All the guys I know run 4-6 iu per day most with out sides. One gets a little carprell tunnel.
SIDE EFFECTS: Growth hormone: Does less equal more?

TreatmentUpdate 124 - 2002 January; Volume 14 Issue 1
Hosein SR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growth hormone (GH) deficiency can occur in some PHAs with AIDS-related wasting. Injections of GH can help stop this complication. GH may also be useful for treating aspects of the HIV lipodystrophy syndrome. For instance, the fat redistribution and/or fat gain associated with the use of HAART has prompted some doctors to prescribe GH to some of their patients who can afford this expensive drug. The dose of GH that has commonly been used to treat wasting or fat redistribution is relatively high and, not surprisingly, side effects have been reported. To find out about GH-related side effects in PHAs, a research team performed a study.

Study details
The researchers reviewed medical records of 94 HIV positive subjects. The following side effects were reported by those using "high-dose" GH — between 4 mg and 6 mg daily:

joint pain – 31%
swelling due to fluid build-up – 31%
tiredness/lack of energy – 15%
back pain – 15%
higher-than-normal levels of sugar in the blood – 8%
Because of these side effects, the research team suggests that lower doses of GH, similar to levels found in the body, should be studied in clinical trials with PHAs. Such a dose of GH would be around 1 mg/day.

REFERENCE

Santos G, Frend K, Sension F et al. Growth hormone dose-related side-effects in HIV/AIDS population; retrospective study. Abstract 111 - 3rd International Workshop on Adverse Drug Reactions and Lipodystrophy in HIV, 23-26 October 2001, Athens, Greece.

Thanks guys. I am using 3iu's a day, everyday. I was going to run it for at least 8 months. My concern was running it for so long. I don't wanna have to take insulin for the rest of my life.

Insulin and GH are actually opposits. GH promotes lipolosys and the release of FFA from adipocytes. Insulin on the other hand triggers the storage of blood suger. With that in mind you can see that while GH levels are elevated it can be dificult for insulin to do its job and one reason so many recommend insulin use while using GH. However the body will naturally try and maintain homeostasis by producing more insulin to counter this insensitivity. I have not found anything (as of yet) to indicate long term GH use will cause permanent problems related to insulin release.

Troglitazone, an antidiabetic drug, is the only thing I know of that will potentially counteract this effect, other than injecting insulin.

Troglitazone was removed from the market nearly three years ago becuase of several isolated reports of liver failure. Some people believe metiformin (glucophage) will also help offset gh's tendency to increase insulin resistance but I am not aware of any study combining the two.

Also has anyone ever tried taking r-ala throughout the day while on hgh? I wonder if that would help to improve insulin sensitivity, but of course there is the problem of r-ala slightly reducing endogenous insulin response to carbs.

Top Bottom