Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WW's New SUMMER Log ...

al420 said:
Love the new boobs!
Ha - Thanks, me too! Esp. now that I figured out how to strap 'em in and go jogging!

mm107 said:
Oh yea! Just got done reading and since you have been killing it at the gym you have been hit by....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/mm107/KTS.jpg

did i mention how hot you were =]

Yeay, thanks! I was waiting for you... Did you see my kick @$$ leg night too? With my 2.5 pound plates? :D

BiggT said:
You look hot as hell......it's also good news for me that you like big guys with dark hair, lol.

Yes yes.... we all know you are 'my type'.... Will you put on the Chippendale outfit and dance though? :bigkiss:

BiggT said:
Nice job on the squats.....just leave a rep or 2 or even 3 in the tank, add weight the next week and repeat.

So keep adding 5 lbs weekly to the top set keeping the same number of sets/reps? I shouldn't just try for bar + 145 for more than 5?

BiggT said:
Nice job on the squats.....just leave a rep or 2 or even 3 in the tank, add weight the next week and repeat.
Nice workout WW!! :) ^^ Agreed with biggt here b/c this is what I've been doing. The PR's will come, the weights will go up. and yes I love the 2.5 lbs plates lol :evil:

Remind me, are you hitting front squats on more of a 'quad focus' day? ;)

WoNderWoMan25 said:
REVISED GOALS AS WE MOVE INTO 2007:

**Wrote these down as I applied heat to my lower back over the weekend. Took a three day break, did a lot of stretching and def. felt better this AM**

1. Weekly Weigh-ins every Monday - NOT chaining myself to the scale
2. Make Sunday's include a cheat MEAL (instead of a cheat DAY) ~ Making fitness and a clean eating lifestyle high on my list of priorities
3. AM CARDIO 3x/week ~ Started this morning
4. Daily logging on EF including posting the results from #1 <eek :worried: >
5. Get measured! Body Fat and everything else....

CURRENT STATS:
Age – 26
Weight – tends to vary between 150 and 160 - This morning I know I am holding water <Holy PMS> and I weighed in at 157.5 (more than expected since I am back in my 'skinny' jeans)

I WILL NOT be too obsessed with numbers. I just want to be lean and healthy when I move!! I was told to check out this gym.... http://www.metroflexgym.com/ ..... If you Texans are reading this, opinions/suggestions pls.

Here I go….

UPDATE:

1. No cardio Monday morning so I did not weigh in. I was tempted last night, so I stepped on the scale completly dressed (hoodie sweatshirt and sneakers) and weighed in at 153. Compared to 157.5 last week on a empty tummy almost nekkid & holding water weight. Again - I WILL NOT be too obsessed with numbers.

2. No cheat this past Sunday - I left it for yesterday since I knew potluck was happening. I stuck to salad (no dressing) and one slice each turkey/lean roast beef. Small piece of quiche and a bite sized chocolate chip cookie. Went home and had 1/2 cup of ww pasta w/my chicken and veggies after the gym. So, not horrible, but I am not 100% satisfied either. I could have been a bit more disciplined, esp when I got home. I was kinda pissed that I cooked that pasta, but.... it could have been worse. Not going to beat myself up over it. And I *really* wanted to try that Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Cake, but I didn't. :chomp:

3. No cardio last night. I *will* do it tonight, Wed AM and Fri AM = my 3x/week.

4. Check

5. Not yet.... :worried:

WoNderWoMan25 said:
So keep adding 5 lbs weekly to the top set keeping the same number of sets/reps? I shouldn't just try for bar + 145 for more than 5?

I would put more weight on the bar and try for 5 reps.....so 150x5.....the way you said is also progressive training and better than what 98% of commercial gym-goers do. You just need constants so you can tell if you're actually improving or not. I like to add weight because it keeps progress stringing along nicely when you're not working to failure.

BTW.....when you say 145, do you mean 145lbs total, or 45+145, which is 190? If it's 190, give youself credit and post 190, lol.....the bar is a given.

About the Chippendale costume, I'd wear one, but I can make no promises about dancing.

WoNderWoMan25 said:
UPDATE:2. No cheat this past Sunday - I left it for yesterday since I knew potluck was happening. I stuck to salad (no dressing) and one slice each turkey/lean roast beef. Small piece of quiche and a bite sized chocolate chip cookie. Went home and had 1/2 cup of ww pasta w/my chicken and veggies after the gym. So, not horrible, but I am not 100% satisfied either. I could have been a bit more disciplined, esp when I got home. I was kinda pissed that I cooked that pasta, but.... it could have been worse. Not going to beat myself up over it. And I *really* wanted to try that Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Cake, but I didn't. :chomp:
^^^^
Don't beat yourself up! Passing up a slice of cheese cake is an accomplishment. Really, 1/2 a cup of WW pasta is still clean and no comparison at all.

And those lying leg curls on the stability ball are killer. I still haven't mastered the balance to do them properly yet!

*Bunny* said:
Nice workout WW!! :) ^^ Agreed with biggt here b/c this is what I've been doing. The PR's will come, the weights will go up. and yes I love the 2.5 lbs plates lol :evil:

Remind me, are you hitting front squats on more of a 'quad focus' day? ;)

Thanks Bunny!! It felt good! Now, it doesn't feel so good, soreness is slowly starting to set in today. I let me tell you how I had to hunt for those 2.5 lb plates in the new place ... The weight room at the Y isn't so organized.

Front squats. Good question. They are awesome for quad development and I was dabbling a bit in the old gym BUT with a trainer - They are still difficult for me to perform and I want to make sure I am balanced and using correct form/technique! Anyway, the trainer showed me two ways to do them- one balancing the bar crossed arm style and then olympic? I do NOT want to get bashed for asking this, but at the new gym (w/out any help) I was thinking of using the smith machine. Thoughts?

Also speaking of front squats - that IFBB show I went to a few weeks ago - In the heavy class, one guy had the most beautiful tear drop shaped quads. Huge. Even when his back was to me, I could see them peaking out. I asked him after pre-judging and he said front squats.

BiggT said:
I would put more weight on the bar and try for 5 reps.....so 150x5.....the way you said is also progressive training and better than what 98% of commercial gym-goers do. You just need constants so you can tell if you're actually improving or not. I like to add weight because it keeps progress stringing along nicely when you're not working to failure.

BTW.....when you say 145, do you mean 145lbs total, or 45+145, which is 190? If it's 190, give youself credit and post 190, lol.....the bar is a given.

About the Chippendale costume, I'd wear one, but I can make no promises about dancing.

Ok, I can add weight, as long as I can find those 2.5 pounders, LOL. But - DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS??? I *will*hit* that 200 mark soon!!!! I am worried about my legs getting bigger than they already are, but measurements tell me otherwise - I've slimmed down a bit. So keeping my fingers crossed that jeans will eventually be easier to find.

And.... Not funny - You are making me doubt my ability to add numbers in my head. One 45, one 25 and one 2.5 lb plate on each side (mumbling something about ninety and fifty and five more...). So yes, it was 190 total. Right?! LOL :FRlol:

Roonytunes said:
^^^^
Don't beat yourself up! Passing up a slice of cheese cake is an accomplishment. Really, 1/2 a cup of WW pasta is still clean and no comparison at all.

And those lying leg curls on the stability ball are killer. I still haven't mastered the balance to do them properly yet!

I know, I know. And I'm not really - It just bugged me because I spent the time to cook it, prepare it, and then eat it. There was quite a bit of time to back out & tell myself that I didn't need it. The cheesecake is haunting me, though!! I didn't get to the gym in the morning for cardio either and didn't do it at night. It all added up. I DO want to get back on the scale tomorrow morning and see what the weight is. 153 was late afternoon fully clothed and I want to redo it 'on empty' in my skivvies. :verygood:

Definitely on the leg curls - I was alternating them w/the crunches - Good stuff. What size ball are you using? How far away from you is it in the starting position? I start by pushing my hips up so that my body forms a straight line from shoulders to knees - plank position, I guess? Then I pull my heels toward me trying to roll the ball in to touch my butt.

Fronts started becoming easier for me to do than back squats, not necessarily weight wise although my PRs were equal (in weight) but form was easier to control for my fronts, after I get warm & stop tipping backwards lol. Backs I tend to Good morning sometimes b/c it's hard for me to keep my back super straight without tipping but I work on it every day I squat.

Fronts : I do not prefer the 'choke' hold, My form mimics the demo on the front squat vid from Gayle Hatch or here http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/FrontSquat.html

As for the Smith, everyone has an opinion. I was too scared to squat at one point so all I used was the smith. I won’t even go there anymore b/c I feel it does not help with my balance issues and allows for me to cheat, where the free standing recruits more ‘everything’.. I’m sure my #’s would be higher on the smith but that’s not what I’m going for. If you want to practice there go for it, Then try to do a few unweighted peeping your form in the mirror… then toss the OLY bar across your shoulders and try some atf to get a feel for where you may wobble, then correct it. If you dump the bar then dump the bar, it’s unweighted. :) Watch the leaning forward on to your toes, try to drive weight through heel = less strain on knees = less chance for injury.

You can even use those preweighted black weighted bars until you feel comf enough to add some weight. You are STRONG through your legs, you will be able to rock fronts & love them soon enough.

Top Bottom