Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Routines for Women

35andfeel19

My Fianc'e has put on some weight in the last 9 months or so. It started after we started seeing each other and when she went back on the pill. She gained weight and suffered from horible headaches. She is now off the pill but is having trouble getting the weight back off. I bought her a treadmill which she uses for 15 minutes in the am and 15 in the PM.
OK enough of the background and onto my question.

Where can I find routines specifically designed for women, if there are any, or do I just tailor my routine for her. Do women respond better to higher reps and lower weight or just the reverse. My problem is also compounded by the fact that she was in a car accident two years ago and still sufferes from decreased neck mobility (She can't turn her head the full range) and occiasional back pain, especially when standing in one place for extended periods of time.

What I want to do is get her motabolism back up. She isn't really into the "Diet Thing". I tried to get to follow a keto diet but she is Italian and cutting pasta out of an Italians diet is like cutting off her air. I did get her to stop eating bread as often.

I really need help here, Her self esteme has declined and is cuasing her some depression which in turn drives her to eat. The old "Vicious cycle" thing.

I thought by getting myself back into shape would help motivate her to make more of an effort. She is trying, however, I think she feels lost because she isn't losing weight like she could when she was younger.

Bla bla bla...man...can I ramble or what?

Anyway.......HEEEELP!!!!!

PS. She is getting a physical this month.

If I were you, I'd do a search here--I think there's a query similiar to yours on the training Board.

Women train like men--you can develop a routine for her just like you would for a man.

However, two 15 minutes bouts of cardio isn't going to do much. Read WarLobo's post "When 30 +30 doesn't equal 60". Esp. if she want to eat pasta in any meaningul quantity.

Search on the diet, too. Basically, if she spreads her eating around to every 3-4 hours, eats enough cals, eats clean, etc. her metabolism will start humming along.

Thanks Keiko,

I'm working on a 5 to 6 meal a day diet for her. I think that will cut down on her interest in occasional "Snacking" which she doesn't do often but she does do at the wrong time of day, ie. cravings for "Goodies" at bedtime.

She doesn't eat a great deal of pasta but she does eat it.

That 30 + 30 not equal sixty was an AWESOME thread and makes perfect sense.

Thanks Again

I apologize--I didn't read your post very carefully. I've had a neck injury and I never do:
behind the head lat pullodwns
headstands (like in yoga)

I'm very careful with cable rows, too.

With all back stuff, I watch my form like a hawk and the moment I break, I either drastically lower my weight or I stop.

On the other hand, hyperextensions, unweighted at first, have reallly helped my back, as has ab work.
I do a lot of the Pilates mat stuff for my abs, and all Pilates is good for back and neck injuries.

Top Bottom