Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is my gf's training progress normal

rx123

she is 5'8 145lbs size 6-8

her goal was 130-135 size 4-6

she has been dieting seriously/consistantly for 6 months now
she has also been working out consistently for the same time . . . usually AM workouts lifting weights using supersetting techniques

her progress = muscle definition of upper body, increased vascularity, jeans are getting looser for her , boobs have shrunk quite a lot. However, her weight has stayed virtually the same and she still has pouches of fat in the estrogenic areas.

should she continue what she has been doing? increase cardio if she would like to get rid of more fat? how long should she expect it to take to get to the 4-6 size before wondering whether she is dieting or training properly?

also, what is the maximum amount of calories she should burn per workout? Her supersetting leg workout, which she does twice per week, burns 400-500 cals . . . is that the max?

thanks

oh, I forgot to add that she now buys and reads fitness magazines. I thought this was a significant improvement because it shows that she is really interested in working out. beforehand, she was really only into playing sports and hated lifting weights.

she is thinking of taking up kickboxing or pilates? would adding a couple outside the gym training sessions like these help much?

I am sure the girls are gonna chime in on this.

It is perfectly normal that she hasn't lost weight. Tell her to throw the scale out the window. What she has done is lose fat. That is much more important than weight loss. Does she check her BF?

I don't know about max calories or anything like that so you'll have to wait for the more experienced girls to answer you. As far as the weight loss in those estrogenic areas, that's normal too. From what I understand, the first place you put it on, ass and hips, for us lucky ones, is the last place it comes off.

Hopefully you'll get some more answers.

Is she seeing a change in how her clothes fit? Perhaps she should get a bodyfat test done. Weight is not really a relevant measure when muscle weighs more than fat. Bodyfat is much more meaningful. Other factors I would inquire about are does she have more energy from the consistent training, etc? And finally does she feel like she's hit a wall w/ progress? Maybe time to tweak the diet / training a little? Personally I think throwing in a Pilates class or something might add a new dimension to spark some different results, or at least get some stretching in there!

Has she ever tried HIIT (high-intensity interval training) cardio? I love it because 1) it works, 2) it's not boring like other cardio, 3) it only takes 30 min. Rather than add more cardio, I'd suggest swapping in a HIIT session, but don't do more than 2 HIIT sessions a week, because it's so intense.

Top Bottom