Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MGF's 2006 Log

nelmsjer said:
It feels weird to do this, but I'm going to recommend a book I've never read. I'm recommending it because the PEOPLE that have recommended it are ones I deeply trust and respect. It is called "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe. It is up high on my list of books to purchase and read. It can be found at www.startingstrength.com and I do NOT make any money by recommending it!!! LOL! :)

Anyway, without knowing him or his maturity level, I think your 13 year old is ready to learn the movements. What do you think?

Thanks! He's a pretty level headed boy and already naturally strong so I think he will pick up on this pretty easily. I think he's ready. He is already doing pushups,crunches,squats,lunges,on top of sprints,high knees,skip sprints and things with his track team. I love the coaches they really keep these kids in line and it's not an easy task with a bunch of 6th graders on the team,if they give them any beef they have to drop and give them 10 and not sissy pushups. Now he's not added any weights to his squats or lunges and they do walking lunges not stationary soooooo yes I think he is ready. I just need to make him up a beginner workout and guide him through it. I already talk to him about nutrition and how important it is for training and just life in general. He is really understanding it and asking alot of questions which I gladly answer to the best of my abilities. He says he respects me for what I do and how hard I work so that shows me he's watching and hopefully learning.

Hey MGF!!! Whew....I had to go back FOUR PAGES to get caught up on your log - but I'm all good now. Your diet is lookin' really good! ...and that roasted chicken you were talking about :p :p :p

Hope all is well on the homefront! Stay warm tonight!!!

scorpiogirl said:
Hey MGF!!! Whew....I had to go back FOUR PAGES to get caught up on your log - but I'm all good now. Your diet is lookin' really good! ...and that roasted chicken you were talking about :p :p :p

Hope all is well on the homefront! Stay warm tonight!!!

LOL yeah I'm talkative today. I'm gonna be packing some warm stuff. Gotta make sure my thermos is here to take with me. Thanks hun.

Hey there .... just wanted to say hello and I hope you have a great day!!!!

...when its cold and I need to pack some heat, I got these awesome heat pads...that are made for hands, feet, back... A LIFE SAVER for cheap :)

momsgettinfit said:
Thanks! He's a pretty level headed boy and already naturally strong so I think he will pick up on this pretty easily. I think he's ready. He is already doing pushups,crunches,squats,lunges,on top of sprints,high knees,skip sprints and things with his track team. I love the coaches they really keep these kids in line and it's not an easy task with a bunch of 6th graders on the team,if they give them any beef they have to drop and give them 10 and not sissy pushups. Now he's not added any weights to his squats or lunges and they do walking lunges not stationary soooooo yes I think he is ready. I just need to make him up a beginner workout and guide him through it. I already talk to him about nutrition and how important it is for training and just life in general. He is really understanding it and asking alot of questions which I gladly answer to the best of my abilities. He says he respects me for what I do and how hard I work so that shows me he's watching and hopefully learning.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I was very touched by your post, and it brought a tear to my eye. It's wonderful to see the love you have for your son. :) :heart:

Aries13 said:
Hey there .... just wanted to say hello and I hope you have a great day!!!!

...when its cold and I need to pack some heat, I got these awesome heat pads...that are made for hands, feet, back... A LIFE SAVER for cheap :)

Oooo thanks, wonder where I can get them. Walmart?

nelmsjer said:
I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I was very touched by your post, and it brought a tear to my eye. It's wonderful to see the love you have for your son. :) :heart:

Thanks. I have to be their best supporter, We are all our kids have and if we are not there for them someone else will move in and that could be a very very bad thing. My goal is to keep all 3 of them on the right path in life through open minded and support. Some of the stuff my boys come to me about I'm like GULP :worried: But I'm just happy they can talk so freely with me.

momsgettinfit said:
Thanks. I have to be their best supporter, We are all our kids have and if we are not there for them someone else will move in and that could be a very very bad thing. My goal is to keep all 3 of them on the right path in life through open minded and support. Some of the stuff my boys come to me about I'm like GULP :worried: But I'm just happy they can talk so freely with me.

Good momma! :kiss:

momsgettinfit said:
Some of the stuff my boys come to me about I'm like GULP :worried: But I'm just happy they can talk so freely with me.
That's really great :)

That is a good thing to have, if I ever have kids, I hope that type relationship will exist ... :rose:

momsgettinfit said:

You have a really busy life! I love it, I took my girls toboganning today and to the park and while I was at the swings I was thinking to myself, that I hope I always remember these times! This is what is all about. I am glad to hear that your boys can come to you. My boys are 11(going on 16) and 10 and I know it has only just begun.

Top Bottom