Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AB Workout?

tan27

What is a good AB workout??? I do 60 crunches everyday, reverse crunches...

Spatts or anyone have a good ab workout... I have a home gym so I don't have machines or anythig like that!

If you want to build your abs, then you need to increase the weight you move rather than go for frequent high reps.....like Spatts said. However, if you just want to 'see' your abs, then you need to diet the fat off of them rather than do frequent high reps. You get the message that frequent high rep ab work is not the solution either way? I also like cable crunches (I do them seated rather than standing), or lying weighted crunches, or whatever. The important thing is to work them heavy and then let them rest, just like any other muscle. And form IS everything when it comes to ab work. There's little point in just going through the motions and counting to 60. Make every rep count 110% in both directions. If you do it right, you don't need many reps and you can't DO many reps.

I do about a 2 minute ab workout twice a day right now, but I have a contest in 3 weeks, so thats a little different, usually I just do abs a couple times a week to keep them tight. Right now I do 30 crunches, 30 leg-ins and 30 bicycles and repeat that again without my legs ever touching the ground, thats all it takes for my abs to tighten up, as far as making them show it's all diet, you can do a million crunches or 500lb crunches, either one won't make them show, it's all diet baby :) Have fun! :)

I'm doing pretty well on my diet. I'm losing fat and some weight about a pound a week. I just need to up my cardio...

The sitting or standing weighted crunches were exactly what I was looking for...

Spatts,

Your cutting diet gave me some great ideas!

Thanks!!!!!

Top Bottom