Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out with a pinched nerve

Gembat

I've been diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my neck. I went from doing 20 pull-ups to 0. and minimal strength on my left side. I've had x-rays and the spine is fine and the disks are fine.

The question is: Has anyone ever worked out with a pinched nerve and just tried to work around it. I am going to get really depressed if I start getting all small and weeeeeeeeeeeek. Please offer some advice, I don't want to make it worse and have to have surgery or whatever.

I had one a couple weeks ago. I took about 5 days off because I figured any excercise I did would irritate it, even legs.

My experience was that I stayed away from the gym and it healed up pretty quick.

What did the doc who diagnosed you tell you?

Can't get a straight answer

The doctors just say not to strain it to bad. I tried taking 2 weeks off, but still can't even do a pull-up. It's been 5 weeks now with no real difference. Been going to Physical Therapy this whole time.

I'm figuring light workouts should be alright, at this point I'm just trying to maintain.

We must have had different injuries. Like I said, mine went a way after five days or so. I know that's not much help. But if you're still hurting after five weeks, that's way the hell out of my area.

Hopefully someone else might be able to offer more informed info.

Sorry dude.

At the moment I must go through some therapy for my back problem....

I have had a back problem that I have needed to train around for years.... at the moment I am seeing a chiropractor and a MD for a CT scan.... thus far I have my L5 vertebra and the sacral joint pinching on the nerve sending pain down my left leg as far down as my foot and also up my back. To this point I have managed to train around rather nicely without aggravating it too much, this is the routine that I currently use:

~ seated DB upright rows 4X12
~ seated DB lateral raises 3X10
~ bench press 4X6-8
~ supine flyes 3X10
~ leg press (45 degrees with light weight) 2X15
~ hack slide 3X12
~ leg extensions 3X12
~ leg curls 3X15
~ chin behind the neck 4X10
~ close-grip pulldowns 3X12
~ hyperextensions 2X15
~ incline DB curls 4X10
~ seated alternate DB curls 3X12
~ close-grip bench press 4X8
~ triceps pushdowns 3X15

This has worked well for me thus far without any complications at all... you may want to check with you doctor before you start and get his OK first.... be smart and safe.....

Maxmuscle66

Last edited:
Top Bottom