Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do so many people hate smith machine?

I dont get why so many ppl hate smith machine.. IMO its the best machine to use if your looking to build muscle mass.. The only exercise i dont use it with is flat bench press, but incline bench, military press and close grip bench press is awesome in the smith machine, it really lets you focus on the muscle being worked and you dont need a spotter..

Discuss

Most people hate it for things like squats. If you're working out by yourself and have no spotter then it is a very useful tool.

because it doesn't work any of the support muscles nor does it follow your bodies natural range of motion. Also its common knowledge that 99% of those who use the smith machine like p in their b.

I unfortunately have to use one right now for Squats. Forced to.work out at a 24 gym which has most everything else but a squat rack. One of a few problems with working shift work.

Agree with it not following body right. I usually have to put my feet a lil further forward when doing heavy weight just to come down right. In the process of trying to find me a 24 hour gym fully equipped.

I like doing shoulder shrugs on it, front and back. about 500lbs on the front, 315 backware, it really gives me a good workout.

I unfortunately have to use one right now for Squats. Forced to.work out at a 24 gym which has most everything else but a squat rack. .

grab a couple mats or pads.. put them on the ground.

grab a bar. grab some weights. do a clean then jerk, then bring the weight down to your shoulders and then you can squat that way. when you are on your last rep squat low and then drop the bar onto the mats/pads

because it doesn't work any of the support muscles nor does it follow your bodies natural range of motion. Also its common knowledge that 99% of those who use the smith machine like p in their b.

I know it doesnt work the stabilizer muscle, thats why its so great, you can really focus on the muscle being worked instead of having to balance the bar like free weight.. Also it follow my body's natural range of motion great, just place the bench where you want it, Incline smith has made my chest so sore that i could not achieve it with free weight.

Top Bottom