Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tips for muscle recovery?

Synpax

I'm not currently on AAS and haven't ever really been (well, I did a cycle of 500mg/d of 1-test: woo hoo). And even when I am, I will still be interested in ways to aid my muscle recovery.

Currently, I do about 15 g a day in 5g doses of L-glutamine. I get 1.5-2g of protien per lbs per day. I also try to get at least 8 hours of sleep.

Still, I get pretty sore after the workout and was wondering what else I could do.

Muscle massage?
A special lotion to rub on them?
A different dietary supplement?

Thanks.

It's been shown that supraphysiological amounts of glutamine are required to get the desired effect of muscle recovery. These seems to vary person to person, and I wonder how much of that is psychosomatic.

Sleep and food for sure.

If you look at my training journal, you can see that I put a LOT of time in to active recovery, hot/cold therapy, adjustments, massage, sleep, FOOD! ;)

When you're training everything twice a week, you have to make sure you're recovered.

In addition to regular doses of glucosamine, I have found the best recovery from my wife or me massaging some Blue-Emu into the sore area, followed by sitting in my shiatsu chair if it's my backside that is sore. (Blue-Emu soaks in and transports glucosamine, omega fatty acids, and other good stuff directly to the affected area.) Swimming has also always helped me with recovery.

Top Bottom