Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rotating heavy liftin

Liberator

Just wondered how many of you guys rotate your heavy lifting with moderate weight/high reps?

Does anyone uses a strategy similar to powerlifters

Week 1 low reps/heavy

Week 2 High reps/mod or light

Week 3 low reps/heavy

etc

Anyone do this?

This is also similar to what Arnold Schwarzenegger used to apply apparently.

I don't like that idea...but hey whatever floats your boat. Here's my suggestion anyway:
Don't alternate heavy/low rep with light/high rep on a weekly basis. In a weeks time, you cannot get full benefit from either way of training. Instead, do for instance 3 weeks of heavy/low rep THEN for one week drop all workloads by 20-30%. Now, during this "recovery" week, keep in the same low rep range. Yes it will be very easy training, but the purpose of this is to give your body an active rest from all that heavy training.
After this do another 3 hard weeks and 1 more recovery week. Then you could do a 4 week transition period during which you mix heavy/low rep with light/low rep. After the transition period, start doing light weight/higher reps for a couple of 4 week cycles.

Mass phase:
-------------------------------
Weeks 1-3 Heavy/low rep
Week 4 Active rest
Weeks 5-8 Heavy/low rep
Week 9 Active rest

Transition phase:
--------------------------------
Weeks 10-13 Both heavy/low rep and light/high rep

Hypertrophy phase:
--------------------------------
Weeks 14-21 Light/high rep
You do not need recovery weeks during the hypertrophy phase as the workloads aren't nearly as taxing on the CNS.

Go to T-mag they had an article by John Berardi that covered this.

Last edited:
Thanks alot dude

Thats very interesting

I wasent suggesting that that is what I follow, I just cited it as an example.

I want to apply some strictness to my training in terms of effort (if you get my meaning, I dont mean I am a whimp who trains like one every week!!!) and was looking for ideas, rather than just training hard one week then not so hard the next and so on, not constructive.

I also wanted to see if it was possible to train year round with almost no weeks off (apart from illness and like after 6months or something), subbing the week off for a week with extremely light weights, high reps. Does anyone do this????? Seems more useful to me, minus the psychological benefit, maybe.

At the moment I take a week out every 3 months or so.

I'll check out T-Mag

Cheers!

Last edited:
Just in case you're unable to find the article, it's called "How to build a T-man" or "Building a T-man". Don't remember the issue number though.

Top Bottom