Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question on chest

tgw85

I'm a 19 year old college student who loves bodybuilding. I'm looking for an answer to a bodybuilding question.

I've seen pictures of Arnold Schwarzenegger around age 20, and in some pictures the very bottom of his chest looks thicker then compared to some pictures of him in his prime years, age 27,28, almost as if while his chest overall got bigger and longer, the very bottom portion of his chest grew as well, but in such a way that it got thinner at the same time? Idk, Serge Nubret's kinda looks that way too sometimes, and Ronnie.

Basically my question is once the chest grows to the point, I guess where it starts to "hang" a little bit or any point. Then as the chest overall continues to grow, the very bottom part of the chest, as it grows too, doesn't get thinner does it?

It just bothers me because I guess I think this is true now, and now I have this fear and negative mental perception and attitude of how my chest would look if I continued to work on it. I know I'm talking about the extreme but still, my perception of a "huge" well developed chest is not one where the bottom is thin. So it's started taking a toll on my whole attitude about working out and quite honestly... everyting. Please help, thanks.

Here's some pics to help explain:

I think you got the illusion that his chest was getting thinner at the bottom, in fact it only got bigger at the top thus making you think that the size decreased at the bottom.

Thanks imafuturebodybuilder, that's what I think too, or maybe body fat, angle, lighting, idk. I'm just pessimistic I guess, and I'm just scared basically that if I keep working my chest the bottom will get thicker at first along with the rest, but then get thinner, even though I'll continue to be working out, But we're on the same page as far as what my question is.

yeah to be honest man i think its the lighting of some of those pics.. with out a doubt arnold had one of the best chest's of all time in my opinon....

one thing for sure man if you keep lifting and eating right you will get results... then you can tweak them results to what you think needs to be more developed by switching up your workouts

I'm sorry, I just want to make sure everyone understands my question.

I'm wondering, AS the lower fibers grow and hypertrophy, the lower chest doesn't ever get thinner, or "rest/sit on the body" in such a way as to start looking thinner, does it???

There are a lot of factors here... As I got older (now 43), I have a crease under my pecs which is due to skin not being 18 anymore. My pecs are always a weak spot for me, so I have to work them more than anything else. Also, gynecomastia sets in normally in men 35+ ; give or take 10 years. If on any kind of anabolics, that can happen much earlier. That will give pecs the hanging, dreaded "man boob" appearance. So will body fat, but probably not an issue if you're 19 and not fat overall. Also, as your body fat decreases from the abdomen, you begin to see the underside of the pecs more when relaxed. That too, will make them look like they're cantilevered out from the body, even if totally square and flat. That's a good thing for an advanced bodybuilder, imho. (I never got there)

Charles

There are a lot of factors here... As I got older (now 43), I have a crease under my pecs which is due to skin not being 18 anymore. My pecs are always a weak spot for me, so I have to work them more than anything else. Also, gynecomastia sets in normally in men 35+ ; give or take 10 years. If on any kind of anabolics, that can happen much earlier. That will give pecs the hanging, dreaded "man boob" appearance. So will body fat, but probably not an issue if you're 19 and not fat overall. Also, as your body fat decreases from the abdomen, you begin to see the underside of the pecs more when relaxed. That too, will make them look like they're cantilevered out from the body, even if totally square and flat. That's a good thing for an advanced bodybuilder, imho. (I never got there)

Charles

Thanks, for answering, I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but I'm sure there's a few ppl who don't know what I'm talking about.

I know ANY muscle on ANY body will grow if exercised, I know it didn't atrophy, but am concerned on whether after any point the thickness of the lower pecs, as it's growing, ever starts to APPEAR, based on how they sit on the body, as thinner and continue to get thinner? That's MY question. I know it GREW bigger, but will it continue to LOOK bigger!?

gladiator knows what I mean, so thanks gladiatior, and everyone else who is trying to help me.

How much do you bench?

Why are you worrying about your chest getting too big? Seriously? What are your current stats?

Top Bottom