Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nelmsjer's 2006 Journal

It's been a busy day. Sorry for the short posting.

Workout today was 5 sets of 10 of the following:

Front squats @ 165
Hanging pikes
Calf Raises @ 380

Exercises were done giant set style with 60 seconds between each exercise. Left me huffing and puffing, but a great workout. I've been HUNGRY this afternoon and eating quite a bit. :chomp:

Yesterday's food:

Calories: 3397
Fat (g): 146
Carbs (g): 263
Protein (g): 261

Today has been brutally busy, as well. Also had another stomach problem with my protein shake. I'm taking a week off of them, as it wiped me out. Workout today suffered because of it.

5 sets of 10 dips (BW+25 lbs.): 10/10/10/8(2)/7(3) reps(reps after brief rest)
5 sets of 10 pullups: 10/10/10/5(5)/5(3)(2) - nasty form. Again, I was wiped out from the shake.

Good workout, but very frustrated about the shake issue. The pullups were harder today, but I don't know if it is because the program isn't working or if it is because of my illness.

Thanks for stopping by the journal the other day, AB! :)

I have been, once, over 10 years ago. The thing that is going to be difficult, IF I have developed a problem with this, is that I take 600 calories per day in the form of shakes...one mid-morning and one post-workout. That will be: 1) a lot of extra food that 2) isn't as "optimal" for post-workout.

What kind of Powder is it? WHat do you mix it with? Milk / water? If milk, can you just try the water to see if it makes a difference? Sorry for all the questions Nelms :D

I can see it being the bacteria from a dirty shaker, lactose issue or maybe a bad batch? :(

If you are taking shakes to get a meal in, and don't care too much about the taste you can use ISO AGB from the AF Store. I have to blend it but I use berries (Straw/Blue/Rasp and even a banana) b/c it tastes better and I STILL cannot drink a Protein Shake warm/room temp. :) After a year I'm finally use to them and can handle those Myoplex ones if I NEED a meal quick but that's about it & it's gotta be cold. Picky Picky :)

At this point, I have almost narrowed it down to the ON Whey. I use that one mid-morning as a snack. The issue, though, is that I haven't had a problem with them before this past week. I am not using the shaker, anymore...just a fresh water bottle each time, with water only. So, three times now, I've gotten sick and it has affected my workout.

I also have a blend that I created from the Protein Factory. It is my post workout shake, and I love it. That one, to this point, has only made me sick once, and that was when I was using the shaker. I need to try it again. Call me a wimp, but I'm afraid to try it! I HATE being wiped out - I am literally fighting nausea for 60-90 minutes after I drink it. It SUCKS. I guess I'll try just a post-workout shake tomorrow and see if I still have issues.

Time to find a new mid-morning snack with protein...and pray the post workout shake stays down. :worried:

Off to take IP to Mongolian and home for the night....have a great day, *Bunny*, and all! :)

Yesterday's calories, low due to feeling like :sick:

Calories: 3057
Fat (g): 85
Carbs (g): 292
Protein (g): 274

Top Bottom