Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My first muay thai training session

B0ARDIN087

i really enjoyed it. my shins are hurting from kicking and rolling over them with a rolling pin. calves hurt alot too. im really loooking forward to next class :)

I haven't done the rolling pins. I work on my shints by kicking the lower part of the Muay Thai bag... all the contents of the bag settle over time and make the lower portion hard as fuck!

Big Rick Rock said:
I haven't done the rolling pins. I work on my shints by kicking the lower part of the Muay Thai bag... all the contents of the bag settle over time and make the lower portion hard as fuck!
ya it is but the rolling pin i can do at home and makes sure i dont miss any part of the shin. plus i cant take alot of shots at the lower part just yet.

You shouldn't be blocking with the lower part. The block should be a quick and effortless raise of the leg-thus blocking with a bent knee or the thicker upper shin.

DANABOLIC55 said:
You shouldn't be blocking with the lower part. The block should be a quick and effortless raise of the leg-thus blocking with a bent knee or the thicker upper shin.
haha thanks bro, buti meant i cant kick the low part of the bag too much to toughen up my shins :)

Hey Boardin,

What is your routine with the rolling pin? how many reps how much force? please give as many details as possible.

i do 300 on each shin. up and down is one. i do this daily and apply force and make sure i hit where there is lots of nerves. i push hard enough that i can tell it is effective cuz its hurts. im a beginner however and this is how i was told to condition. been wokring greeat for me but maybe its not as good if u have been doing it for awhile???? however i know my sifu does 500 on each shin daily in addition to hitting it with short bamboo rods. hope this helps!

Good thread!
I am going to start Muay Thai within the next couple of months, would you recommend me starting these rolling pin exercises now to give me a little head start?!?!
Thanx!

Last edited:
Top Bottom