Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Input from the best: GF program design

bignate73

Alright ladies and gents, I'm by no means at a loss for ideas, but since i am designing a program for my girlfriend i would like some of your input.

Current situation: Overtrained IMO
Goal: To be like the girls in "Oxygen" magazine (me thinks)
BF%: around 21%, wants to get LEAN. i told her 8 weeks should do the trick.

usual workout takes about 2-2.5 hrs (cardio 25-40 min + kickboxing, and wts around 45-60 min)

workout
my suggestion will be:
no more than 50 min wt training (4-5 days a week, heavy light days for major bodyparts, some supersets/dropsets) she's trained with me a bit so shes no stranger to lifting heavy, but she also likes stability ball stuff too.

cardio: im up in the air about. either a longer duration bout or some type of interval training.
i want to keep the 2 1 hr kickboxing classes there because they are good "therapy" :D for those stressful days.

food intake
her current diet was down to 1750 cals. im thinking maybe zig zagging those cals to keep her BMR from adjusting. so maybe high day now and again?

any input here would be beneficial. i can drop bodyfat like its cool so its confusing to me as to how to trick the body when it gets stubborn. all i have to do is lower cals, so maybe a carb rotation scheme.

input? cornholio? spatts? just keep some carbs in there...im not a fan of ketosis.

supplementation

im thinking:

pinnacle pyruvate 1000 (had very good results with pyruvate last show)
multivitamin/antioxidant
BCAA (to prevent catabolism)

i want to keep her off of ECA's just because she doesnt sleep very much as is and works out in the evening. though i have a synephrine based thermo that is a gentle let down vs. ephedrine based thermos. i want to minimize CNS stimulation and work more lipotropically.

suggestions?

also...7 days off to decondition? (she doesnt like that plan)

im sure she will be reading this so input wont go unnoticed. im asking all you guys because im sure i will get the best input for each area of the program that im putting together. there are some solid individuals on this board that are very good in their areas of expertise.

:)

oh oh.....

wt....

bf: 21%

pretty extensive training history. i dont hold back on any exercises, she can handle it.

Nate, ketosis is not for ladies not using AS/AAS.

I can tell you what worked for me. In order of importance, DIET, WEIGHTS...........cardio.

I "zig zag" but with carbs.

Here's what I did/do to get lean (training never changes, only diet, so it works whether it's a BB split or a PL split):

Weights alternating heavy one week and moderate the next, for example:

Monday: legs
Tusday: back and rear delt
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Chest and tri's
Friday: shoulders and bis
Saturday: abs

On, for example Thursday, do shoulders light and bis heavy (start with the heavy) and then the next week shoulders heavy and bi's light. Heavy being about 90% of max and light being about 60% of max.

Cardio 5-7 days a week max (start with 3 non-training days) first thing in the morning, empty stomach, OR AFTER WEIGHTS. Moderate intensity, moderate speed, longer duration: walk up hill at 15% grade, 2.5 mph, for 60 min...point being, keep the heart rate between 135-140. I added a second cardio session in the evenings, 20-30 min, and straight protein after that, but only if one session and a clean diet aren't cutting it. At least two of my weekly sessions were HIIT Sprints on an eliptical or track.

My cutting diet looked like this:

http://home.swbell.net/arkaynen/cutting.htm

You would have to alter the times by when you train, and cycle the carbs 3 days low (.5g/kg body weight) and 2 days high (2.0g/kg body weight), or high on training days and low on non training days. The diet in the link represents the 100g CHO median.

1Kg = 2.2046 lbs

I'm 5'9'', and the first time I did this, I went from 220 to about 145, and 30+ % fat to about 10%, respectively.

Top Bottom