Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i hate you lumberg

my box squats....i think i need to lessen the weight. i'm doing 5x5, and every week when i put my flat bench up, i box squat and calf raise at the same weight. when i lowered the box height, my box squats have slowed down speed wise dramatically. (i also do iso movements on legs during chest day....fun stuff).

my left shoulder has been killing me lately. i think it's because the bar sits right on the bone. that's about what it feels like. i have decent motion with it, but i also have pain in some positions. i did flat bench today, followed immediately by box squat. then went to incline db. i do a leg then a chest exercise because i've found that i can push more weight with my chest if i alternate like that. anywho, my shoulder was hurting so bad during my first incline db set, i didn't hit all my reps in my 3 sets. right shoulder is fine though. like i said, i think it's from the bar sitting on the bone during squats, but not 100% certain. anyone experience this before?

well from my experience i think that your pain is caused by the benching and maybe worsened by the squats. i've NEVER gotten any pain from the bar resting on my back when doing squats, wether it's just the bar or 350. try laying off the bench or moving it to another day for one workout. if the pain still persists then maybe it IS from the bar resting on your shoulders. but i don't really think so cause your right shoulder is fine, right?

it's right on the "nub" of the bone. if i press on it, it's sore. maybe i banged it into something, i dunno.

shoulder workouts have been fine. i had to switch up my schedule this week, however. did back/shoulders yesterday and did chest/legs today. won't do my routine in that order again. my back and sore traps were affecting my bench slightly. i'm really starting to think it's the way the bar sits on my shoulders, but i would think both would be affected. this didn't start until i tossed that damn pad to the side. i'm gonna have to pay more attention to how i line up under the bar next week and see what happens.

if I remember correctly, I saw a vid of you a while back squatting and you do this thing where you move your hands over the 45 plates?? dunno if you do that anymore or what but I'd imagine that could cause the bar to roll or dip forward a little while squatting and force that bar onto your shoulder/shoulder bone so you might wanna adjust that...also do a lot of shrugs...my traps kinda form this natural 'bump' that the bar rests nicely on..

peace,
CN

crak600 said:
my box squats....i think i need to lessen the weight. i'm doing 5x5, and every week when i put my flat bench up, i box squat and calf raise at the same weight. when i lowered the box height, my box squats have slowed down speed wise dramatically. (i also do iso movements on legs during chest day....fun stuff).

my left shoulder has been killing me lately. i think it's because the bar sits right on the bone. that's about what it feels like. i have decent motion with it, but i also have pain in some positions. i did flat bench today, followed immediately by box squat. then went to incline db. i do a leg then a chest exercise because i've found that i can push more weight with my chest if i alternate like that. anywho, my shoulder was hurting so bad during my first incline db set, i didn't hit all my reps in my 3 sets. right shoulder is fine though. like i said, i think it's from the bar sitting on the bone during squats, but not 100% certain. anyone experience this before?
The days after I squat I often have bruises on the bones in my shoulders. Hard to describe where but I guess directly posterior of the depression where your delt ends and your trap begins. Just part of the territory.

Trust me if you're squatting enough that will be nowhere near the forefront of your mind during the actual squats!

no more wrapping the arms around the bar. the closer i grip to my shoulders the less i feel the weight on my shoulders, so that's kinda nice.

actually smurfy, yes, a few bones are very easily felt on my shoulders.

yeah, i'm squatting enough to take my mind off of any other pain. 230 5x5 yesterday was "fun."

maybe i bruised the bone, i dunno. just hope it doesn't decide to bother me during BB curls tomorrow. finally shook the pain out of my right trap (after 4 weeks of it bothering me constantly). don't need more pain.

i'll check where the bar rests on my shoulders the next time i squat, which won't be til monday again (box squats).

Top Bottom