Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i hate you lumberg

Buddy_Christ

every time i squat i curse you. i look at the bar and i say "fuck you lumberg." then, i do my squats. and when the next set rolls around again, i go through the whole deal all over again.

actually, it's not that bad. i've pretty much gotten used to it now. as long as i keep my hands in kind of narrow, it's ok.

that's up to you.

the only time i get REALLY mad at you is when i do standing calf raises. 5x15. then my neck/traps start to hurt. for 5x5 squats and warm ups it's not bad at all.

no new vids from me until the end of the summer when i go for a few new PRs. this time i will get them on video.

i hate doing shrugs, but for good reason. i do shrugs with dbs, not a BB. getting those SOBs up off the floor after i've done seated ohp, side lats, deads, and pullups, well, it sucks. i'm pretty much worn out at that point of my workout.

but hey, now i'm RAW on my squats. that pad was the only thing keeping me from it too. can't wait to see what 300+ feels like on my shoulders.

You crazy guys...

;)

B True

crak600 said:
i hate doing shrugs, but for good reason. i do shrugs with dbs, not a BB. getting those SOBs up off the floor after i've done seated ohp, side lats, deads, and pullups, well, it sucks. i'm pretty much worn out at that point of my workout.

but hey, now i'm RAW on my squats. that pad was the only thing keeping me from it too. can't wait to see what 300+ feels like on my shoulders.
I only shrug with DBs as well. The bar raking across my crotch is just not fun. Plus it isolates each side better. A guy at Smurfy's gym recommended alternating sides with DB shrugs and it felt cool, but it makes each set last twice as long so I don't usually do it. Keep on it bro.

Congrats on the rawness of the squats. We all know that squatting is RAW.

the limited ROM with a BB is one reason i won't do shrugs with one. the bar molesting my junk while shrugging is definetly a close 2nd. really sucks when you work up a stiffie too.

ah yes, RAW squats, so much fun. when calves touch hams, it's time to drive back up. i have one distinct advantage over a lot of people.....i'm only 5'6". less distance to move :D

box squats rule too. i've recently lowered down to a height about halfway from the floor to my knee. prior to that i was using a bench which was just below my kneecap. a complete world of difference that few inches made. i was glad i do them in 10 sets of 2 when i started going lower. still...wow.

box squats DO rule. in fact it's all i do nowadays. and 300 on your back does feel nice. ah the good old days...lol j/k orb

Top Bottom