Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts my missing link

starNRG

I have been working out for 6 months now, i was 230 at the start i am now 210 at 6'6, i just started to do deadlifts and it was the exercise i was missing , I was always scared of them since i was worried my back would snap remember being tall is a long way down and up, so any my first time doing deads i did 375 pounds 3 sets of 10 is this normal ? I am now stronger in every exercise i do since starting deadlifts. am i overtraining my back i do 3 sets of 10 reps with 375 2 times a week

Can you write out your entire weekly training routine? That would make it a lot easier to determine if it looked like you were overtraining your back.

Personally, I can't deadlift heavy more than once a week because I will overtrain. But I am not you.

I'm in the same boat as slobberknocker. Although it certainly depends on the intensity & weight-amounts I am working with, I generally tend to perfer only doing Deads once per month. Specifically: If I am going for heavy sets of 3(I havn't done that in awhile) then once a month is optimal for recovery, growth, and strength. If(as I am doing presently)I am using them at the end of my back routine, as a bridge into my TRAP routine, I usually only do 2 sets of 10. In that case, I will do them every routine. Heavy Deads(imo) require signifigant recovery time. Moreso than any other of the big 3 due to the amount of muscles involved, as well as the amount of exertion neded to preform them. Being that there isn't a negative involved with deads, there is a signifigant amount MORE muscle exertion than Squats or Bench.

Top Bottom