Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can You Build A Wide Back Without Lat Pulldowns???

Texas Ranger

Fellas, I'm going to buy a power rack next week and would like to get some opinions. The power rack with the lat attachment I REALLY want costs way too much. So, I'm thinking of going with this one. http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/92552.html These are the exercises I can do without any cables since I workout at home. Chins, Rack Chins(Doggcrapp style), One Arm Rows, T-Bar Rows(with Olympic Bar and close grip handle in corner), Barbell Rows, Deadlifts, and Pullovers(Nautilus). Have I missed anymore???

We have the NYBB rack that is a step up from that one and it is a nice piece of equipment.

Why would you worry about lat pulldowns when you have all those other exercises?

pullups and chins are way better than pulldowns, you can do towel chins if you want to mimic a closegrip/parallel pulldown.

Texas Ranger said:
Fellas, I'm going to buy a power rack next week and would like to get some opinions. The power rack with the lat attachment I REALLY want costs way too much. So, I'm thinking of going with this one. http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/92552.html These are the exercises I can do without any cables since I workout at home. Chins, Rack Chins(Doggcrapp style), One Arm Rows, T-Bar Rows(with Olympic Bar and close grip handle in corner), Barbell Rows, Deadlifts, and Pullovers(Nautilus). Have I missed anymore???

Another good Row to use as a burnout you can do with your bodyweight. Just place your olympic bar on the saftey racks and slide it to once side until it lies* against the frame and the safety bars. Then grab the bar and walk under it. Just place yourself so when you pullup, the middle of your chest hits the bar. It's a great rowing excerise and your can make it harder by lowering the safety bars. You can take it a step farther by getting a stability ball or chair and placing your feet on that to your hanging almost parallel with the floor!

Lat pulldowns basically mimic a chin up or a pull up...they are the 2nd best vertical pulling movement I can think of...that's not to say I don't use them though after doing chins or pullups.....

With all the exercises you listed I really wouldn't worry about them....but they can come in handy sometimes...

Cuthbert said:
We have the NYBB rack that is a step up from that one and it is a nice piece of equipment.

Why would you worry about lat pulldowns when you have all those other exercises?
Cuthbert, which rack do you have? Could you post a link to it?

Top Bottom