Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best tips for losing weight

I am currently fown from 278 to 248-250 and need to be 175-190 to be healthy. I know it's hard and the more I lose the harder it gets. I was wanting some tips for best routines on weights and cardio along with some diet help. Thanks

Tighten up the diet bro if your already doing your training correctly.
Try something like a 50 protein/ 30 carbs/ 20 fats ratio diet for 6-8 weeks
and see where you land from there.

I'd have to disagree strongly here. The OP is cutting, he is not going to be building muscle, so there is little point in doing a high volume low frequency body part split

The point is to keep working during the entire workout, kind of a P90X theory

where you spend entire sessions chasing 'the pump' for individual body parts (and if you are training one body part per day I'm guessing you are suggesting that he do a dedicated arms session too, which will just be a complete waste of time in the gym).

No it isn't

In fact I would not recommend this kind of training to anybody

So don't

NATTY even when bulking, but that's for a different discussion. Full body FTW.

And again I disagree strongly about using high reps and moderate weight. I am guessing you are subscribing to the ancient fallacy that high reps 'tone' or 'cut' your muscles,

Guessing wrong

which we all know is utter rubbish. Or if you're suggesting he does this simply because more reps = more calories burned, I would disagree also because it is very easy to create a caloric deficit with cardio and diet, but the name of the game when cutting is to hang on to your muscle, and so to this end it would be a lot more expedient to continue to lift heavy weights to hang on to as much muscle as you can. The amount of muscle you will save by continuing to lift heavy weights is a benefit that strongly outweighs the potential for burning an extra few calories by doing high reps (and that's not to mention the other benefits of lifting heavy weights such as testosterone release and increasing your metabolism, etc.)

You are more than entitled to your opinion...

In any event, the OP's diet is the larger piece of the puzzle..

~EZ

So why do you recommend him doing an arms day?

And why high reps?

Training 2 BP's a day (chest/bi's) usually results in one of 2 things; going all out on the 1st BP and having nothing left for the 2nd OR subconciously "saving" something for the 2nd BP and not fully training the 1st...either way one of the BP's suffers...

I recommend the high reps (10-15) & less rest between sets to keep the workout moving @ a faster pace and keep it aerobic, currently I'm doing a workout that combines supersets with interval training...Example:

Incline barbell bench 12-15 reps
Immediately followed by incline flyes 12-15 reps
Immediately followed by 5 minutes @ high speed on the eliptical
That's ONE set, do a few of those then change the 2 exercises...

Does everything work for everybody? Of course not....I recommend everything (training, diet, supps) based on what has worked for me and what has worked for other people I have recommedned it to....

Once again, this is all moot without the OP having the right diet......

~EZ

I personally just don't see the point in making your weights workout 'aerobic' - all that will do is burn more calories. That's fine, but the reason I am doing weights any time I cut is NOT to burn calories, it is to hold on to my muscle. I have found the best way to do this is to try to maintain my strength on all the big lifts. Burning calories is easy, just move around a bit more and eat a bit less! But holding on to your muscle in a calorie restricted environment is the hard part. Your weights sessions should be dedicated to this end alone. Because of this I would make my strength a priority when doing weights while cutting, not just using it as a way of burning more calories, I would not train with weights any differently than if I was bulking.

Also bear in mind you are not natty, the OP is (well actually that is just an assumption, OP care to fill us in!) so what may work for you may well not work for him!

Once again, this is all moot without the OP having the right diet......

Agreed!

I personally just don't see the point in making your weights workout 'aerobic' - all that will do is burn more calories. That's fine, but the reason I am doing weights any time I cut is NOT to burn calories, it is to hold on to my muscle. I have found the best way to do this is to try to maintain my strength on all the big lifts. Burning calories is easy, just move around a bit more and eat a bit less! But holding on to your muscle in a calorie restricted environment is the hard part. Your weights sessions should be dedicated to this end alone. Because of this I would make my strength a priority when doing weights while cutting, not just using it as a way of burning more calories, I would not train with weights any differently than if I was bulking.

Also bear in mind you are not natty, the OP is (well actually that is just an assumption, OP care to fill us in!) so what may work for you may well not work for him!

Yeah, that's what I've been saying....and what works for you may not work for the next guy, etc....I'm also quite a bit older than a lot of guys here, train @ different time of day, etc.....

Agreed!

In any event, I'd like to hear from packers on the diet recommendations...

~EZ

I see a lot of help guys thanks. Over the years before I let my self go I was training very hard. At that time I was only using Xenadrine RFA-1 The real and highly missed fb, creatine mono, and amino's. I had my max to 350ln on bench with in one year of training, and could do 225 12 reps x 3 sets. I had my weight down to 185-175 and felt the best I'd ever have. My goal like I said is to create a more healthier me. I can gain muscle mass very quick no exag, but dropping the weight is tough for me. As I said before my diet has changed dramactially with in the last 9 months, so I know it's a matter of staying with it and time. I am going to download an app on my blackberry to keep up with my diet, I just don't have much time to measure everything I eat.

I'd have to disagree strongly here. The OP is cutting, he is not going to be building muscle, so there is little point in doing a high volume low frequency body part split where you spend entire sessions chasing 'the pump' for individual body parts (and if you are training one body part per day I'm guessing you are suggesting that he do a dedicated arms session too, which will just be a complete waste of time in the gym). In fact I would not recommend this kind of training to anybody NATTY even when bulking, but that's for a different discussion. Full body FTW.

And again I disagree strongly about using high reps and moderate weight. I am guessing you are subscribing to the ancient fallacy that high reps 'tone' or 'cut' your muscles, which we all know is utter rubbish. Or if you're suggesting he does this simply because more reps = more calories burned, I would disagree also because it is very easy to create a caloric deficit with cardio and diet, but the name of the game when cutting is to hang on to your muscle, and so to this end it would be a lot more expedient to continue to lift heavy weights to hang on to as much muscle as you can. The amount of muscle you will save by continuing to lift heavy weights is a benefit that strongly outweighs the potential for burning an extra few calories by doing high reps (and that's not to mention the other benefits of lifting heavy weights such as testosterone release and increasing your metabolism, etc.)

Dude, low reps are for power lifters! EZ_E is right on point about everything he posted....

I see a lot of help guys thanks. Over the years before I let my self go I was training very hard. At that time I was only using Xenadrine RFA-1 The real and highly missed fb, creatine mono, and amino's. I had my max to 350ln on bench with in one year of training, and could do 225 12 reps x 3 sets. I had my weight down to 185-175 and felt the best I'd ever have. My goal like I said is to create a more healthier me. I can gain muscle mass very quick no exag, but dropping the weight is tough for me. As I said before my diet has changed dramactially with in the last 9 months, so I know it's a matter of staying with it and time. I am going to download an app on my blackberry to keep up with my diet, I just don't have much time to measure everything I eat.[/QUOTE]

You can get a food scale anywhere for $5, takes 2 seconds to measure anything...

~EZ

^^^^^^horrible advice

do not do this unless u wanna feel like shit, no energy, moody an suffer from lethargy and have a metabolic crash within a short period of time, aswell as loose huge amounts of strength and muscle mass

So you are suggesting that ketogenic diets categorically do not work?

That's funny because I was on one for over half a year and I never felt better on it. I was not moody or lethargic and I in fact had more energy on it than I ever did when I was bulking and eating loads of carbs. And not only did I not lose strength but all of my lifts actually went up while I was losing weight week on week.

You will be tired and lethargic for the first 2-3 days of it, because your body will not have gone into ketosis yet and you will still be craving carbs. As soon as ketosis occurs after 2-3 days your body resorts to using ketones for energy, not glycogen, and so you no longer miss carbs, and you feel great. If you have tried this kind of diet and you felt tired and lethargic on it then I would suggest that you were simply not eating enough fat.

Obviously there are many ways to skin a goat (or whatever that expression is) but how on earth can you say that low-carbing simply doesn't work?

Top Bottom