Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2011: Deadlifts, Grip and Presses

LMFAO!

Going mad old school with the Goener brick exercise. Seems to me it would be quite great for the grip, forearms, biceps, back and stomach muscles once you are holding enough weight.

Hahahahahhaha :D

You can do alot more than 2 bricks Andalite. Off the top of my head when I was in construction I could pick up 2 stacks of 5 bricks without too much trouble and carry it a distance. Granted this was leaning it against my stomach,chest, but I could pick it up off the ground unaided.

I know for a fact you are stronger right now than I was back then except for in the grip.

Go for 2x2 brick next time amigo. I wouldn't be surprised if you go up a brick a session.

I dunno bro...I should take a picture of these bricks..and I don't have more bricks at this point. I can buy them very very easily though - I'm only saying I don't have them right now.

That crosswise brick exercise hurt my grip, wrist AND forearms like crazy. Crazy.

I dunno about 5 bricks though...that won't happen anytime soon but it will happen. Joe's got a LOT of DIY grip training equipment which I need to really go through...

Hex head dumbell lifts is possibly the best all around grip exercise. Might give that a shot.

I wish I had those. Unfortunately, I have round dumbbells - which is something I shouldn't complain about because atleast they go up to 200 lbs....in 99.999999% of the gyms in Bombay if you can get over 80 lbs consider yourself lucky!

Pull-Up and Posterior Chain - Mesocycle 30 Week 3

I haven't updated my log all week. My apologies. This was Tuesday's training...

Weighted Pull-ups:
+45 x 7
+45 x 7
+45 x 7
+65 x 2
+65 x 1
DP - W + R

Dumbbell Swings:
65 x 13
65 x 15
65 x 17
SP - R

Pullthroughs:
110 x 20 x 3
SP - R

Video:

PULL-UP and GRIP Training - Mesocycle 30 Week 3

This happened on Wednesday!

Weighted Pull-ups:
+25 x 12
+25 x 10
+25 x 10
+25 x 7
Total = 39 reps
SP - R

Cable Rows:
110 x 10 x 5

Suitcase Deadlifts:
135 x 6
145 x 6
155 x 3
155 x 5
165 x 1
This is just fantastic.

Video:

DEADLIFT & OVERHEAD PRESS Training - Mesocycle 30 Week 4

Last night..

Deadlift Warm-ups:
Mobility Drills
135 x 4
245 x 4
295 x 5
345 x 3
385 x 3
415 x 2

Deadlift Work Sets:
457.5 x 4
457.5 x 4
457.5 x 4
470 x 3
500 x 1
DP - W + R
Killer. I haven't attempted 500 in like 8 months and I've never done it after doing 15 reps with 90%+ of my 1RM. My nickname is "Jiggles". When you see the 500 attempt, you'll see why...

Overhead Press:
167.5 x 4
187.5 x 1
190 x 1
This is a BW OHP and a new PR!!!

Barbell Static Holds Grip Training:
365 x 5s
365 x 10s
Hands were beat....

Video:

Gratz on the bodyweight press man. Imo, that's a better milestone than a 315 bench. I've got a ways to go before pressing bodyweight.

Lol at jiggles:theshadow

SQUAT Training - Mesocycle 30 Week 4

Sunday's training...

Front Squats:
Mobility Drills
275 x 2
295 x 1
295 x 1
Meh...

Dumbbell Swings:
65 x 12 x 3

Supine GHRs:
BW x 15 x 3

Front Planks:
BW x 60s
BW x 60s
BW x 90s

Video:

GRIP Training - Mesocycle 30 Week 4

Monday night...

Gripper Training:
WMT x 5 x 2 <<-- Warm-up
HG 150 x 2 x 2 <<-- Warm-up
CoC #1 x 2 x 3 <<-- Work Sets
HG 150 x 6 <<-- Back-off set
6 attempts with the CoC #1....

Goerner Brick Lift:
2 Bricks x 30 seconds x 2 sets

Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 25 x 3

Meh.....

Generally a couple of meh sessions either leads to a fuck ya I just fucking pwned the gym and everyone in it workout or it means to back off abit for a couple workouts or take a week off.

Generally a couple of meh sessions either leads to a fuck ya I just fucking pwned the gym and everyone in it workout or it means to back off abit for a couple workouts or take a week off.

haha yeah I can see that happening.

This is a Grip session though - I was short on time..

I don't need a week off or anything but I think I need to calm my expectations. I need to focus more and stop expecting to be the prodigy who can close #4 in his first attempt lol. I have to enjoy the process and right now closing the #1 day in and day out is what I need to work towards :)

Top Bottom