Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

165 Weight Class

NeoSoul

I was looking to go into my first meet sometime in the near future, i was wondering what would be some respectfull lifts for someone who will compete in the 165 class, not looking to place any records or place first, just wanna work twards some decent numbers, gain some experience.

Much thanks

power cleans, dead lifts, abs, and normal chest, back, arm exersizes...but stay flexible or workon getting flexible....these helped me out tremendously while i was wrestling

What are your numbers now?

You could pick up an issue of Powerlifting USA and check the results of meets in your area.

Genarr's right, if you want to see numbers.

More importantly, get in there and do a meet. The experience is valuable, regardless of what you lift.

i'd like to know... how do you stay up to date on these meets? i'd like to get in on stuff like this, may be fun

Thanks for the response guys.

I'm in canada so i looked around at some canadian powerlifting sites, found some numbers, gives me something to work twards.

super_rice-check out www.powerlifting.ca theres probably other sites but that was the first one i typed in.

NeoSoul said:
Thanks for the response guys.

I'm in canada so i looked around at some canadian powerlifting sites, found some numbers, gives me something to work twards.

super_rice-check out www.powerlifting.ca theres probably other sites but that was the first one i typed in.
Keep in mind that the average lift will vary wildly depending on the size of the meet and who shows up. I'd highly suggest you go to a meet in person, it's the only way to really know what's up.

Thanks for all your responses genarr and the project

I'm gonna go to a few meets, check it out then go out for a few.

Vectork-these are my numbers so far

Squat-270-maxed last week
Bench-210
Deadlift-280

My not be the greatest numbers but i'm pretty proud of them, my bench is my weak spot, which i'm working on, i'm also sitting at 171 pounds right now, may be lower once i hit the bathroom :worried: .

your 21 right?, id say you have a bit of work to do. not bad lifts but, to be competitive i think you need to add a good amount of lbs to your lifts. 165 class their are some strong mofo's. guys your size and age are benching alot more than you dead. not trying to be a dick or discourage you, but keep at it bro!

im 20 and 185lbs-squat 545x2 and bench 355shirted and i dont think im anywhere near ready for a comp.

Top Bottom