Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

YES. i have a job interview the week after next!

stilleto

ELITE MENTOR
EF VIP
It's closer to home than my current job, the pay (i think), is the same, it's also in marketing, AND... they just laid off someone else here that I could not have thought we could do without (our purchaser). Clearly, i'm next, so it would be really great if i could get let go from here and have another job lined up already.

you get a new job like every year, seem to always be improvements though

maybe all your coworkers won't be as weird at this one

It's closer to home than my current job, the pay (i think), is the same, it's also in marketing, AND... they just laid off someone else here that I could not have thought we could do without (our purchaser). Clearly, i'm next, so it would be really great if i could get let go from here and have another job lined up already.

Your intuition is pretty sharp.
My hopes that you get the back up gig, and don't get Sketched out of Your Current Gigs.

job hopping doesn't look good

It depends what profession you are in.

I know people who worked the same job for 20 years, get laid off, and are totally unmarketable.

Perfect interview scenario:

Interviewer: By the looks of your resume it seems you change jobs often?

Me: Yes it does. I'm always on the look out for new challenges and new opportunities. Plus, it highlights my wide range of knowledge and experience that I bring to the table. I know I can add value to your firm over and beyond what other candidates can because of my diverse work history.

Interviewer: You are hired.

It depends what profession you are in.

I know people who worked the same job for 20 years, get laid off, and are totally unmarketable.

Perfect interview scenario:

Interviewer: By the looks of your resume it seems you change jobs often?

Me: Yes it does. I'm always on the look out for new challenges and new opportunities. Plus, it highlights my wide range of knowledge and experience that I bring to the table. I know I can add value to your firm over and beyond what other candidates can because of my diverse work history.

Interviewer: You are hired.

That's all very true. Job stints for less than a year don't give you a whole lot of time to gain experience though.

However, I didn't see the first time I read Stiletto's post that she thinks she may get laid off. In that case definitely go for it.

Agreed it depends on your profession. In sales if you have 6 years at three different jobs in three different industries you are highly marketable.

Good luck! Sounds like a much better situation than the one you're in now (low job security, longer commute, overworked).

Top Bottom