Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

YES. i have a job interview the week after next!

It depends what profession you are in.

I know people who worked the same job for 20 years, get laid off, and are totally unmarketable.

Perfect interview scenario:

Interviewer: By the looks of your resume it seems you change jobs often?

Me: Yes it does. I'm always on the look out for new challenges and new opportunities. Plus, it highlights my wide range of knowledge and experience that I bring to the table. I know I can add value to your firm over and beyond what other candidates can because of my diverse work history.

Interviewer: You are hired.
translation: i'm lazy, i get bored easily, i have unrealistic job expectations that make me quit when they are not met immediately, i don't get along well with my co-workers.

translation: i'm lazy, i get bored easily, i have unrealistic job expectations that make me quit when they are not met immediately, i don't get along well with my co-workers.

Translation of translation: I'm the guy that stays in the same job for 20 years and is now unmarketable.

Never can the gal with the big knockers. When everything is imploding all around treemendous boobs are always there to brighten up a day.

you get a new job like every year, seem to always be improvements though

maybe all your coworkers won't be as weird at this one

i was at the same job for 15 years before I moved out of the state.
I had one job then for 1.5 years that started part time and ended with me being the assistant manager.
Then i went to the job i have now. :) i would love to stay at this one longer, even with the immense amount of stress and strangeness, but they are working with minimum wage non english speaking production people, and sales... they've gotten rid of everyone else pretty much- human resources, purchasing, office management, process flow, etc.
All that's left besides sales and production is our totally overworked receptionist, the CFO, our IT/database admin, and me.

so when it comes to layoffs... i'm next.

thanks guys. i don't like job hopping at all... the job i stayed at for 1.5 years when i moved here- i would have stayed but they couldn't afford to adjust my salary enough. They gave me the highest raise in the company, but i was still the least paid manager and they knew it and apologized but couldn't fix it.

I'd just stay at this job, if i could- the experience is great and i love what i do, and they love me (i recently asked what I can do to improve and they said i'm doing great) but... i can't believe they haven't laid me off yet.

translation: I'm lazy, i get bored easily, i have unrealistic job expectations that make me quit when they are not met immediately, i don't get along well with my co-workers.

i am currently trying to milk workers comp so i don't need to work anymore.

fixed

update. I was positive I was going to be let go yesterday (friday), as the boss seemed to be very interested in making sure I was finished with everything i was working on by the end of the day (i am going to be out next week after monday).

then at 4:30 (firing time) he came over to me to tell me we have a conference call on monday with Microsoft. He was all excited and said it looks like we're going to have an opportunity for us to work with their marketing department.
Then i stayed till 6 helping him turn some documents into PDFs (i'm the only one that knows how to do that) and said that if he needed anything over the weekend, to let me know and it's not a problem. he smiled and said thank you. so i'm safe for at least a few more weeks, which just means i have better leverage if i find another job.

Top Bottom