Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Women and Weight Training: Countering Myths and Misperceptions

another thing...

does workout 1..mean that u shold only lift twice a week( monday, thursday) or could u do it 3 times a week monday wednesday friday.???
and would u use the same poundages for all workouts?

rgosit said:
another thing...

does workout 1..mean that u shold only lift twice a week( monday, thursday) or could u do it 3 times a week monday wednesday friday.???
and would u use the same poundages for all workouts?

Yes you could do it 3 times a week but it will depend on how fast your muscles recover. Idealy you want to let your muscles fully recover. Since results are made in recovery from your workouts. That is one of the resons I think it works better is that you make gains during recovery, By working a muscle before it can fully recover you are short changeing the results you worked so hard for as well as risking injury- Superfrk

This is a stupid question, probably, but is high-intensity training doing one set to failure and volume training doing more sets, but not to failure?

Wyst

It used be the standard that HIT was one set to failure, but that seems to have changed. Now they seem to be saying 1-3 sets, but many people who say they train HIT seem to train in a manner similar to everybody else. Heavy Duty is still one set to failure. For more info see www.cyberpump.com

If you are even slightly curious as to my opinion on it, I have made a few posts on the subject in the training forum.

I sent this article to a female friend of mine that only does cardio, because she claims she doesn't want to look like me, just be toned,

Then she complains about her celulite, and sagging glutes?

Hey,
Did someone on this Board, or someone you know actually changed their Routine the way the Article suggests? If so, what were the results?
What bothers me is that I have read a lot of Professionals and amateurs BB training routines, and non of them use that sort of training method. on the contrary.
This argument will be decided with facts. rationalism can only get us so far.
Bye.

Hi I'm new to the message board. My name is Jamie 20/F I am interested in toning up but, two mths later and I don't see much of a difference. A friend suggested Norabol does anyone know what type of effects I can expect? My main objective is to flatten my tummy, obiques, and thighs. Does anyone have some suggestions to lose it before June?

flab is drab

Not to sound flip, but my suggestion is to read the board and use the search function to read the archives. Nearly every post on the women's board touches at least peripherally on acheiving some sort of fitness goal or other.

A few more concrete suggestions:

1) Don't post random (though good) questions in a thread dedicated to a different subject. It's irritating, but more importantly, people won't know to look there to answer your question. Lurk for a while, get a sense of the way the board works, and then post your own question.

2) Don't use the phrase "toning up." People will jump all over you, and that's only if you're lucky. :) The ways you can modify your body are gaining fat, losing fat, gaining muscle, losing muscle, having some kind of cosmetic surgery, getting a tattoo, getting a piercing, etc. You want to gain muscle, right?

3) Do some searches on Norabol, 19-norandrostenedione, 19-nor, and prohormones in general. Many people here will tell you to avoid them, or at least to be sure your diet and workouts are squared away first. Many people will tell to avoid them even if you are squared away, as the results seem to be debatable, given the possible side effects. Many would say either stay all natural or look into the more effective (but illegal unless prescribed) steroids. You understand that prohormones are a steroid precursor, right?

4) Start a thread on the women's board after you've read it for a little longer and tell us about yourself. Age height, weight, diet, what your workouts are like, what your fitness history is, what your goals are, your body fat percentage (if you know it) and so on. The more info you get the better your results will be.

5) Don't be intimidated by messages like this one if they sound cranky. A lot of us are cranky, but we're actually really nice people. We just get *a lot* of first time messages like yours.

6) Stick around!

7) Lift, and lift heavy! Best (some would say only) way to get the killer shape you though cardio was going to give you. You're not going to get too big by accident. Believe me...I've been trying to get "too big" for half a year now, lol.

Welcome aboard,

Wyst

Top Bottom