Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Women and VERY light weights

Garza

Do any of you see this? I totally don't get it. The other day I was doing barbell curls and was looking for a pair of 2.5's and I see that they are on the squat bar and a woman is squatting with them. C'mon, 50 lbs? It was pretty easy for her, I don't know why couldn't have used 10's at least. I was curling about 175 percent of what she was squatting, thats ridiculous. You always see women using those 5 lb dumbells for 100's of reps at a time. I guess they are afraid of "getting too manly" or something. If they can't use heavier weight thats fine but I think they could work a little harder. Maybe its just the girls at my gym.

My best friend, female, squats hard and laughs at the weenie women in the gym. She isn't greatly strong, but she greatly wants to be and works hard to get there. She learned well from me:)

B True

hey... at least she didn't have the 5 lb db squatting with them and gettin her stupid ass in your way :)

i lift as heavy as i can, which may not be all that, but i do the best i can... i want to be stronger... i want to lift more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw... i did my squats today155 for 15 reps, 175 for 8... i'm getting there... hehe... i'll be up to 225 by the end of the summer if it kills me (which it just might :) )

Phemomena: Impressive....very impressive.

B True

Yeah that is very impressive. I can't do much better. But, i'm not talking about peole like you who actually sweat when they workout. I'm talking about the other women, ya know the ones. The gym bunnies I guess.

yeah phem that is impressive! way to go hard! I have to catch up! :D

I also laugh at those girls. :FRlol:

You know what makes me confused is that ever since I started working out, I never did that. I was trying to go as heavy as possible from the start. A little too heavy sometimes and my technique suckes. I guess that's my competitive and aggressive side.

I'll catch up with you ladies sometime...just give me a few years:)

B True

Garza said:
Yeah that is very impressive. I can't do much better. But, i'm not talking about peole like you who actually sweat when they workout. I'm talking about the other women, ya know the ones. The gym bunnies I guess.

I don't sweat.... i glisten :) (okay i glisten like a pig hehe)

tv - you'll get there... i've got a lot of squatting under my belt... used to squat around 250 once upon a time... that was with a belt... now no belt... and coming off of my ab injury, i'm really babying these puppies... just starting to get some weight on that bar...

bfold - yeah, and some day i'll be able to flip over cars and stuff... i've seen those pics... i think you could probably squat me squatting 225 and then some.... hehe :)

they be toning

actually a lot of women think a few weeks in the gym intensly working out translates to chyna ala WWF size....a fair amount of men folk over here do too (i used too)

a friend of mine said she wants to be careful as she doesnt want to get too muscular, but wants to get a little bigger, or fatter....she then asked why i was laughing so hard (and inwardly reminded of the fact that im stil not growing fast enough :( )..

women that lift heavy weights command muchos respect from me as they did it with their hormones as opposed to ours...no mean feat. so little is known over here about working out.... find that quite odd really

Top Bottom