Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why was this twilight movie so popular?

Nobody in this movie can act their way out of a nutsack.

Congrats. You don't fit the demographic that made the movie so popular.
My 12 yr old daughter loved the books, was a little disappointed in the movie but still enjoyed it.
MM did you just call my girl a twat?:mad:

Congrats. You don't fit the demographic that made the movie so popular.
My 12 yr old daughter loved the books, was a little disappointed in the movie but still enjoyed it.
MM did you just call my girl a twat?:mad:
Er, not to belabor the obvious but as I happen to be in possession of one I feel I'm allowed to use the word and apply it to the rest of my sisters, much the way black people are allowed to use the N word when referring to themselves or others of their race :qt:

As far as silly twats, I was primarily talking about those fools ranging in age from 12 to 40+ they were interviewing for the trailers who were literally screaming like teenagers at a Beatles concert.

I refuse to read the book on an ethical basis. The series was written by someone who has no appreciation of horror and has never read horror or seen a horror movie (because they're either too gross or they frighten her). I'm old school vampire, they rip your throat out and turn you into dinner, maybe tear the still beating heart out of your chest and drain the blood out of that for good measure. Vampires ideally don't have emotions, they're the animated dead, but if they must have emotions they're only supposed to be predatory not love sick :sick:

One of the first full length novels I read, when I was 10 or so, was a vampire romance where the male leading character was a teenage vampire who fought against his darker nature and only fed on animals, and fell in love with a human girl. There were obviously conflicts with "bad" vampires who saw humans as nothing more than food, etc. I guess twilight is a little nostalgic for me because of the similarities.

You have to keep in mind that twilight, like the books I read (which incidentally have been rereleased recently and got picked up as a pilot on the CW - fitting), is a young adult novel. She was writing it for young girls. It ended up having a bigger mass appeal than that, but for the genre, the level of violence you want without some sort of redeeming character as well just wouldn't have sold to the target audience.

I dunno. I like Vampire stuff. I think the idea of vampires are kinda sexy, even without the sex. Like a bite could be orgasmic or something pleasureable..even though you lose your soul

I'm not a vampire but i'll bit your neck...:chomp::biggrin:

I think that just came from that being a serious erogenous zone on most people. I'll even admit to it myself. A properly administered bite to that area can make my eyes roll back....lol

The twats who drool over this book/flick grow up to be women who get wet over Harlequin Romance novels.

Fucking vegetarian vampires that fall in love and want to have sex, what the hell kind of shit is that?!? The UNDEAD don't FUCK ...

From an objective point of view, it's essentially Romeo and Juliet repackaged.
Never anger the witch.

One of the first full length novels I read, when I was 10 or so, was a vampire romance where the male leading character was a teenage vampire who fought against his darker nature and only fed on animals, and fell in love with a human girl. There were obviously conflicts with "bad" vampires who saw humans as nothing more than food, etc. I guess twilight is a little nostalgic for me because of the similarities.

You have to keep in mind that twilight, like the books I read (which incidentally have been rereleased recently and got picked up as a pilot on the CW - fitting), is a young adult novel. She was writing it for young girls. It ended up having a bigger mass appeal than that, but for the genre, the level of violence you want without some sort of redeeming character as well just wouldn't have sold to the target audience.

yeah, they were super easy reads. With each book I was done within a day so it really wasnt much of a commitment to sit down and read the books.

I asked my mom, who watched it last night, how was it?
She loved it.

I think the author, who is a genius, and has an imagination that cuts through time and space...
Jack Angel posted up her speech at last year's Harvard graduation..
It was awesome, awesome to the point that it made me feel shallow.
I can't say she just had it though... one thing I'm learning is that 'talent' is developed through practice, she paid her dues. She wasn't a slacker, but learned about self sacrifice and suffering on a level I can't fathom... through her imagination, when she was dirt poor she took solace in those less fortnuate, and through this broke through the limiting ego and self concern that is a limiting device in us all, her imagination like tripled up in potency.
It was an amazing speech.. to the point that, hell I got envious...
Anyway... that's my Twilight Anecdote for yall.
Getting past your self really does transform karms... big time.

You should have been a writer for Buffy..

Top Bottom