Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why was this twilight movie so popular?

Getting back on topic...

I just watched the movie and thought it was pretty bad. The two main actors did not pull me in at all and while it is very hard to convey the emotion that the book puts across on a screen, they could have done a much better job. The books, however are excellently written and you can read them in a day.

This whole phenomenon is a little disturbing though. You now have 12-15 year old girls who already have a sense of self entitlement about things being exposed to a display of intense love and devotion at a very young age - which they are never going to get in real life from any boy their age unless they are lying to get into their pants. If I had a daughter I would be very worried about her future expectation level concerning relationships after seeing this and reading the books.

The scene where the vampire and girl start making out and then she tries to pull him on top of her was almost disturbing considering she was half naked and they were alone in her bedroom after he had snuck in. This girl is supposed to be 16 and she was the aggressor. Not something I would want my daughter thinking is okay because while the vampire in the movie stopped, no 17 year old kid would.

lol...hardly the first movie where teens were fooling around. I've seen far more disturbing. In fact, the books strongly send a message about waiting for marriage.

i read the book because my daughter loved it so much and wanted me to read it. It was... well written and good for a teenage girl. a little sophmoric for me. The movie though... was terrible.

how can you not like Seth Rogen??

YouTube - Observe and Report Trailer

for the record- i thought Pineapple Express was freakin hysterical!

I think I laughed once during PE, like when they were beating the dude in the apt. That's it. Nothing else in that movie was even remotely funny. Especially if you compare it to future masterpiece theater showcasers like superbad or stepbrothers.

And observe and report looks about as funny as that Paul Blart mall cop movie. Like maybe I'll watch it someday at 1am on TBS when I can't sleep......:whatever:

I think I laughed once during PE, like when they were beating the dude in the apt. That's it. Nothing else in that movie was even remotely funny. Especially if you compare it to future masterpiece theater showcasers like superbad or stepbrothers.

And observe and report looks about as funny as that Paul Blart mall cop movie. Like maybe I'll watch it someday at 1am on TBS when I can't sleep......:whatever:

I agree with your opinion of Seth Rogan.

I thought he was hilarious in 40yovirgin and in superbad...and he was funny and cute in Knocked Up, but he keeps taking his shirt off and when he simulates sex(zach and miri) ...blah! Disgusting. Disgusting! ew ew ew I assumed it would be funny and bought the DVD before I saw it and now I own that peice of crap, and Im not sure I laughed at all in Pineapple Express. I dont smoke though so since Im not the stoner type maybe I just dont get it.

Top Bottom