Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why was this twilight movie so popular?

I asked my mom, who watched it last night, how was it?
She loved it.

I think the author, who is a genius, and has an imagination that cuts through time and space...
Jack Angel posted up her speech at last year's Harvard graduation..
It was awesome, awesome to the point that it made me feel shallow.
I can't say she just had it though... one thing I'm learning is that 'talent' is developed through practice, she paid her dues. She wasn't a slacker, but learned about self sacrifice and suffering on a level I can't fathom... through her imagination, when she was dirt poor she took solace in those less fortnuate, and through this broke through the limiting ego and self concern that is a limiting device in us all, her imagination like tripled up in potency.
It was an amazing speech.. to the point that, hell I got envious...
Anyway... that's my Twilight Anecdote for yall.
Getting past your self really does transform karms... big time.

Like I said, teenage girls and moms eat that shit up. :)

You should have been a writer for Buffy..

lol, you know, I never liked that show. They removed all the sex appeal of vampires by making them turn ugly whenever they got bloodthirsty.

True blood, on the other hand, was addicting.

we are watching it right now, here at work

lol, you know, I never liked that show. They removed all the sex appeal of vampires by making them turn ugly whenever they got bloodthirsty.

True blood, on the other hand, was addicting.

The premise was pretty clear...it started with Angel, the show I really liked was Angel but Buffy became all about Spike and Buffy...Spikes redemption came from his love of Buffy and that's traditional propaganda. :mad:

the buffy movie was better

The premise was pretty clear...it started with Angel, the show I really liked was Angel but Buffy became all about Spike and Buffy...Spikes redemption came from his love of Buffy and that's traditional propaganda. :mad:

lol, sounds cheesy. Some bad guys should stay bad guys. I just mean there has to be "the bad guys" and "the good guys" in stories targeted for the tween group. All bad/evil/blood and gore is not going to draw in the 12 year old.

amanda edwards is a snobby cunt. robert pattinson is a closet fag. the whole series is such a departure from the true vampire culture. you want teen vampires, you watch the lost boys. you want cardboard cutouts of what the 10 - 21 year olds are being bombarded with as being the essence of importance, watch these self indulgent, ego manical movies which spread the poison that has crippled america to what we are today. the i is never more important than the we and these "stars" eminate nothing more than me, me, me, me, me, me, me. this country is fucked and this movie is a celebration of that movement. thanks baby boomers for having such spoiled, rotten, insecure, maladjusted children.

The twats who drool over this book/flick grow up to be women who get wet over Harlequin Romance novels.

Fucking vegetarian vampires that fall in love and want to have sex, what the hell kind of shit is that?!? The UNDEAD don't FUCK ...

From an objective point of view, it's essentially Romeo and Juliet repackaged.

Will you marry me, Muslcemom?!

My poor daughters... all of them, hormones surging throughout their entire bodies and NOT ONE ADULT to smack them like Cher did Nicolas Cage in the movie "Moonstruck" when he told her that he loved her:

SNAP OUT OF IT

I literally had my two youngest daughters (12 and 13) asking me why they felt a certain way (not sex, but attraction and fascination) about a movie/book - why they couldn't control their emotions even though they KNEW WITH THEIR HEAD that those emotions had ZERO BASIS in anything rational or real...

*sigh*

amanda edwards is a snobby cunt. robert pattinson is a closet fag. the whole series is such a departure from the true vampire culture. you want teen vampires, you watch the lost boys. you want cardboard cutouts of what the 10 - 21 year olds are being bombarded with as being the essence of importance, watch these self indulgent, ego manical movies which spread the poison that has crippled america to what we are today. the i is never more important than the we and these "stars" eminate nothing more than me, me, me, me, me, me, me. this country is fucked and this movie is a celebration of that movement. thanks baby boomers for having such spoiled, rotten, insecure, maladjusted children.

Don't you think you're gettng a little too heated and overanalyzing when it comes to some books you find in the young adult section of barnes and noble?

Vampires are fictional so by that very nature there cannot be a right or wrong version. And every movie and book has had a different take on them. In some, they have sex. in others, they don't. In some they can't cross running water. In others, they have little restrictions. In some garlic will keep them at bay, in others, it will just make you smell funky. in some, they can go out in the day if they are weak, in others, they can't - ever. in some they can turn into other animals, in others, they cannot.

The idea of blending sex and vampires has gone back a long long long time. it's a natural comparison. There's penetration, sucking, and erogenous zones involved. In the book Dracula, those vampires have sex.

People need to relax...it's four books of harmless fiction written for the appeal of teenage girls.

Last edited:
Top Bottom