Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why was this twilight movie so popular?

christ what is it with you women and vampires? Talk about the ultimate bad boy fantasy........only this time the bad boy kills you as he's pounding away in you, how nice...LOL.

Don't you think you're gettng a little too heated and overanalyzing when it comes to some books you find in the young adult section of barnes and noble?

Vampires are fictional so by that very nature there cannot be a right or wrong version. And every movie and book has had a different take on them. In some, they have sex. in others, they don't. In some they can't cross running water. In others, they have little restrictions. In some garlic will keep them at bay, in others, it will just make you smell funky. in some, they can go out in the day if they are weak, in others, they can't - ever. in some they can turn into other animals, in others, they cannot.

The idea of blending sex and vampires has gone back a long long long time. it's a natural comparison. There's penetration, sucking, and erogenous zones involved. In the book Dracula, those vampires have sex.

People need to relax...it's four books of harmless fiction writted for the appeal of teenage girls.

i was honestly joking about most of it. the thing that really bothers me is the media forcing the actors/actresses down out throats. they arent very pleasant looking and they are harry potter for vampires. which makes it lame and a biter. the rest was a rant. im sorry you wasted the time thinking about that whole response.

i was honestly joking about most of it. the thing that really bothers me is the media forcing the actors/actresses down out throats. they arent very pleasant looking and they are harry potter for vampires. which makes it lame and a biter. the rest was a rant. im sorry you wasted the time thinking about that whole response.

no dude you were 199% right in your rant. It makes me sad that there are legitimately talented actors and actresses out there.....:whatever:

Only the first line was even responding to you.

Red, I've read hundreds and hundreds of books...only a small fraction had anything to do with the supernatural.

christ what is it with you women and vampires? Talk about the ultimate bad boy fantasy........only this time the bad boy kills you as he's pounding away in you, how nice...LOL.

Well I can only speak for myself but though I dig my men (man) pasty white and ten days older than dirt - he would never harm me in any way and worships the ground I walk on.

... and I intend to keep it that way. ;)

I'm not gonna watch twilight.
I have to say I did dig interview with a vampire. Thought the concept that most vampire's can't change, cause they don't have a 'human soul' and that what makes us more or less human is our ability to change, which means adapt through emotion. To feel. The vampires were static conditional beings. I thought that was pretty poignant.

Underworld I love, the concept that Wolves were slaves once, and the aristocracy and narcissim of the vampires was pretty kewl to me.
The idea of a hybrid the sum being totally transcendent of the parts... very kewl indeed.
Also The chic in that, and the role she played as assertive rebel, and not traditional subservient female, was pretty kewl.

Yup. I thought the wolves were kewl, but didn't know why the movie had to display them as heathenish, like they couldn't be just as aristocratic as teh vampires.
I get the juxtaposition, but I guess since I really dug the leader of the wolves and identified with him more than I did the 'hero; pretty boy.
I was pissed off that they were portrayed as well, Steroid Meat Head types. Kinda like the old stereotypes that are dying out exponentially today in culture,
quicker than we are aware of.

Yeah, there's my vampire rant.

The fact that you guys are still talking about this movie only makes it more powerful.

Top Bottom