Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why was this twilight movie so popular?

The fact that you guys are still talking about this movie only makes it more powerful.

LOL.....true...

For the record...I liked the underlying theme of "Angel" that you fight the good fight even though you know you're going to lose the war.:)

what are you talking about? did you see the cover of Vanity Fair-
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2009/03/seth-rogen-paul-rudd-vanity-fair-cover.jpg

thats young Hollywood & theyre in practically every movie this yr ;)

my point exactly. Nothing against Rogen, he's a good writer......but he "SUCKS" as an actor. His best roles are supporting roles, like in superbad. WHenever I see a movie where he stars in, I know it's going to blow. Zack and Miri was maybe the only movie I tolerated him in where he had a decently big role..........but like I wanted to throw a stick of dynamite at the screen watching pineapple express. Pure shit.

Getting back on topic...

I just watched the movie and thought it was pretty bad. The two main actors did not pull me in at all and while it is very hard to convey the emotion that the book puts across on a screen, they could have done a much better job. The books, however are excellently written and you can read them in a day.

This whole phenomenon is a little disturbing though. You now have 12-15 year old girls who already have a sense of self entitlement about things being exposed to a display of intense love and devotion at a very young age - which they are never going to get in real life from any boy their age unless they are lying to get into their pants. If I had a daughter I would be very worried about her future expectation level concerning relationships after seeing this and reading the books.

The scene where the vampire and girl start making out and then she tries to pull him on top of her was almost disturbing considering she was half naked and they were alone in her bedroom after he had snuck in. This girl is supposed to be 16 and she was the aggressor. Not something I would want my daughter thinking is okay because while the vampire in the movie stopped, no 17 year old kid would.

Best Vampire flicks on earth = Blade Trilogy

nuff said.

!

Best Vampire flicks on earth = Blade Trilogy

nuff said.

!

Blade 2, might be the best conceptually constructed vampire film in recent times.
Multidimensional in it's themes. The focus of the film was not even on Blade.
The sort of conspiracy that is common in hierarchies, nations's seeking domination was present: the experiments on his own son, you had an uneasy partnershp between Blade and vampires, you had a heroine that was perfect for the role she played, she may have been more convincing than Kate Beckinsdale in UnderWorld, I dunno... could be just me.
There were alot of innovative concepts such as the virus infecting all vampires.
The special effects were unreal. I thought the vampire mystique could have been better. They could have spent more money on the Club Scenes.
However a very good movie for it's type.

Blade 3 was shit. It was made for the straight to DVD release.
It looked like they made it in 2 weeks, with a script that was made overnight.

I mean the lead vampire, would be wise enough to know what happens as time moves on, and not be pulling an angry, Catcher in the Rye on consumerism and blade.
I dunno.
Atleast the UnderWorld series does not incorporate philosophical themes, but stay consistent with the story line.

I honestly think the appeal of the character of Edward was not that he was a vampire or the fact that he would harm her but because he wanted to PROTECT her so much. He had old school chivalry. In the book Bella was weak and needed protection and Edward was strong and always seemed to be there when she needed him. Edward is the perfect man. Minus the fact that he is not a man, but a vampire lol.

Top Bottom