Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wholewheat bread vs pasta

Gymbob

I was just wondering which is better for you when your eating it everyday. At the moment im taking sandwiches to work with wholegrain bread but i am considering switching to pasta.

Any ideas welcome :)

brown pasta has a lower GI than whole grain bread

but both are good cabs source (though not as good as oats)

I was thinking about the normal 'white' pasta as i looked at the nutrition info and brown pasta is not much different just more expensive.

Any more opinions?

Yup. Brown rice is better. You might want to familiarize yourself with the Glycemic (sp?) Index that Anthrax referred to. If you do a search, you can probably find a link to it. It explains good carbs vs bad carbs.

Hey bro, the problem with the white bread, white pasta, and the bleached carbs is that it is processed. The more natural food is the better it is for you. Plus the key ingredent that the whites arre missing is FIBER. You will get more bang for your buck, keeping you fuller longer. Brown rice and wheat bread will also have a lower GI rating, which is better for long term energy and fat loss and/or control. In my opinion oatmeal and Sweet potatoes are the best... :) Hope this helps...

yeah, diabeteics use the slycemic index a lot so you might find it one a diabetic site

contrary to what they doctors are saying over here, white pasta etc isnt as low GI as they claimed. articles ive read have suggested its high GI.....so i have now switched to wholewheat pasta..my fibre intake is now V.high :|

i was eating multigrain bread, but people are telling me this might have white flour in it :(

i take sandwiches :) they are easier

Thanks for the info everyone, i think i might stick to sandwiches then has anyone got any ideas for sandwiches to spice em up a bit?

I like to use two or three types of low fat cold cuts and some low fat cheese. I then heat them up on a small bun in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Makes a very taste hot sandwitch. If you are worried about dairy, heat the meat and use some spicy mustard or sauces that are low cal.

Top Bottom